|Page (1) of 1 - 06/22/12||email article||print page|
Thirteen New Retailers Gift-Wrapped for U.K. Users(June 22, 2012)
LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 06/22/12 --
- Free gift cards from O'Neill, House of Fraser, Lipsy, Firebox, Schuh, Glamour, Eventim, Slurp, and more now available from Wrapp
- Over 2 million gift cards sent by 300,000 users worldwide
Wrapp, the hot new social gifting company backed by Skype and LinkedIn founders Niklas Zennström and Reid Hoffman, has added 13 partners and retailers to its portfolio in the U.K. including household names House of Fraser and Glamour.
Wrapp partners with high-quality retailers and media companies enabling U.K. users to send free gifts and gift cards to their Facebook friends from over 20 well-known brands. The partners span a wide variety of categories and cover everything from fashion and surf gear to music and wine. The thirteen partners that recently joined Wrapp include:
- ACHICA -- member's only home & lifestyle store, dedicated to hand-sourcing desirable, luxury brands
- eFlorist -- same day online florist
- Eventim -- sells tickets for all the latest concerts, festivals, musicals, sports, theatre and tourist attractions in the UK and Europe
- Firebox -- an online marketplace for gadgets, toys, games and other cool stuff
- Glamour -- Britain's number one women's magazine
- Happy Socks -- premium quality sock site
- Hotel Voucher Shop -- hotel and short break gift site
- House of Fraser -- one of the UK's largest department stores
- Lipsy -- Young British women's fashion brand
- Nelly.com -- online destination for fashion and beauty
- O'Neill -- the original California surf, snow and lifestyle brand
- Schuh -- Britain's well known high-street and online shoe retailer
- Slurp -- UK's largest online wine retailer
Willem Haitink, CEO at O'Neill, comments: "With over 650,000 fans, Facebook engagement is a huge focus for us and we are always looking for new social media marketing tools to connect with our consumers. We believe Wrapp offers an innovative, easy to use tool, which can help us achieve that."
The expansion of Wrapp's U.K. retailer portfolio builds upon its rapid global growth. During the last seven months, 300,000 active Wrapp users have given their Facebook friends over 2.2 million free and paid gift cards that could be redeemed in stores operated by over 100 major European and U.S. retailers.
Hjalmar Winbladh, co-founder and CEO at Wrapp, comments: "Consumers are super excited about all the new retailers coming on-board and are celebrating their friends by using gift cards from Wrapp on a daily basis.
"Retailers are starting to reap the benefits too. Many are being creative with Wrapp and using the gift cards to reward Facebook fans for their time and engagement -- the 'happy Friday' promotions are working well. Retailers are also finding Wrapp's data, which it makes anonymous, extremely useful because it helps them to understand the purchasing decisions of customers who receive gift cards online and visit physical stores to buy their goods."
To start sending free gifts and gift cards to friends and family, download the Wrapp mobile app from Apple's App Store or Google Play. Or use the web app at www.wrapp.com and connect it to your Facebook account.
Retailers can sign-up here to find more about how they can get involved with Wrapp.
NOTES TO EDITORS
Wrapp is a social gifting service for celebrating friends using mobile devices or the web. Wrapp allows friends to give and add money to free and paid gift cards provided by top brands, making it as easy to send a gift of real value as sending a greeting. Founded in 2011 by a group of serial entrepreneurs, Wrapp is based in Stockholm, London and Silicon Valley. Celebrate with friends every day at www.wrapp.com
About Wrapp's Founders
Wrapp was started last year by Winbladh and a small team of entrepreneurs in Sweden, including Andreas Ehn, Spotify's founding chief technology officer; Carl Fritjofsson, strategy advisor to Groupon.se; Aage Reerslev, founder of mobile browser Squace; and Fabian Mansson, former CEO of H&M and Eddie Bauer, who now serves as Wrapp's chairman. Winbladh co-founded Sendit, the first mobile Internet company, where he served as CEO, and took it public in 1997, before being acquired by Microsoft. In 2006 Winbladh co-founded Rebtel, now the world's largest independent mobile VoIP company.
Information about each retailer available on request.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: social gifting, friend-to-friend marketing, gift cards, customer acquisition, retailer, gifts, USA, Marketwire, Sports, Department Stores, Music, Lifestyle, Internet Technology, Internet, Sports, Family, Other,