|Page (1) of 1 - 04/11/02||email article||print page|
The Orphanage Releases Magic Bullet 1.0SD and HD After Effects plugins available only for Mac
Magic Bullet Suite works by deinterlacing standard and high-definition video and converting it to a variety of progressive frame rates, including 24P, while removing artifacts to enhance the final image. The software also provides a range of tools to create and apply effects that emulate traditional motion picture film stocks, lens filtration, lab processes and telecine color correction techniques.
The five Adobe After Effects plugins that make up Magic Bullet Suite 1.0 include:
- Magic Bullet, which converts the video source to 24P and helps reduce some of the artifacts present in digital video footage.
- Look Suite, which comes with a library of preset looks that mimic post-processes.
- Opticals, which allows users to generate film-like transitions, including fades, burns and cross-dissolves.
- Letterboxer, which lets users crop their output to standard film and television aspect ratios, regardless of formats or pixel aspect ratios.
- Broadcast Spec, which ensures that the output of a Magic Bullet project meets NTSC broadcast standards by making adjustments to oversaturated colors. Broadcast Spec has presets for uncompressed digital video and DV, along with the ability to adjust settings with the aid of a zebra-striping technique that shows where problems could crop up.
Magic Bullet Suite 1.0 comes in two versions: Magic Bullet Suite SD, supporting video resolutions up to 720x486 (NTSC) and 720x576 (PAL), and Magic Bullet Suite HD, which has no resolution limit. Magic Bullet Suite SD sells for $995. Magic Bullet HD is priced at $1995. The software is avail;able at http://www.toolfarm.com, though, at press time, the siite indicated that those interested in purchasing the software should call for availability information.
Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:The Orphanage Releases Magic Bullet 1.0