|Page (1) of 1 - 05/12/11||email article||print page|
The Omni Group Brings OmniOutliner to the iPadOmniOutliner for iPad Enables Users to Efficiently Create, Collect and Organize Information on the Popular Tablet (May 12, 2011)
SEATTLE, WA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/12/11 -- The Omni Group, a developer of productivity applications for Mac and iOS, today announced that OmniOutliner is now available on the iPad. The iPad edition of the company's popular note-taking and outlining program offers users the ability to create, collect and organize information in a multitude of ways including creating to-do lists and agendas, managing tasks and expenses, taking notes and planning events. OmniOutliner for iPad is available for purchase on the App Store.
Industry analysts forecast that 52 million tablets are estimated to be shipped in 2011, with the iPad comprising 75 percent of these shipments. While iPad and other tablets have been traditionally used for consuming content on the web, watching videos, reading e-books and listening to music, selecting the right tools and apps can easily optimize the iPad for use as a mobile computing platform for business.
"The moment we learned about the iPad we knew it marked a shift in the direction of personal computing devices," said Ken Case, CEO and founder of the Omni Group. "Each time we bring a productivity app to the iPad we redesign it from the ground up to take advantage of this new platform, and OmniOutliner for iPad is no exception. Our team has done an amazing job of making the app easier to use than ever, without sacrificing the app's power. OmniOutliner is the app I turn to whenever I want to collect and structure my thoughts, and it's great to be able to take my outlines with me and work with them wherever I am."
OmniOutliner for iPad includes the powerful features specifically designed to help iPad users get the job done simply and easily:
- Rich Text Styling - Fully customizable text styling options provide users with the same functionality as expected from a word processor with a simplified style system that's already available in OmniOutliner 3.
- Simple Outline Restructuring - OmniOutliner for iPad affords users the ability to easily rearrange and drag rows individually. Additionally, users can mark multiple rows to either group or move them at the same time.
- Multiple Column Formats - In addition to text, OmniOutliner for iPad provides column options for numbers, duration, pop-up lists, and date types, many of which include their own specific data formatting options.
- Inline Image Support - OmniOutliner for iPad allows users to paste images directly into their documents, which will be displayed inline.
- Improved Document Sharing - With OmniOutliner for iPad, files can be emailed or uploaded to users' MobileMe accounts or any other WebDAV servers. Files may also be transferred with iTunes, and can be sent in HTML, plain text, or OPML using the above methods.
- Compatible with OmniOutliner 3 - OmniOutliner for iPad is completely compatible and interchangeable with files generated in OmniOutliner 3.
- Ability to Import OPML Files - OmniOutliner for iPad allows users to import OPML files, a common format used by basic outlining applications, directly into the application.
OmniOutliner for iPad is more than just an outlining tool, offering multiple columns, smart checkboxes, customizable popup lists, and an innovative styles system within a few easy clicks. The app's document structure is effective for brainstorming new ideas, drilling out project specifics, and lining up the steps needed to get everything done.
OmniOutliner for iPad is available for $19.99 on the App Store at www.itunes.com. More information about OmniOutliner for iPad is available at http://www.omnigroup.com/products/omnioutliner-ipad.
About the Omni Group
One of the first companies to develop software for the Mac OS X platform, the Omni Group is a leading developer for Apple products and has designed several productivity applications for Mac OS X, iPhone, and now iPad. Founded in 1993, the Omni Group is located in Seattle.
(206) 282-4923 ext. 115
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: productivity, apps, iPad, Applications, Productivity Applications, Internet, Desktop Operating Systems, Other Applications, Mac, Other, Internet Server Applications, Mac, OS9, OSX, Marketwire, IT (Information Technology), Productivity Applications, Apple Computer, Music, Internet Technology, Business, Other,