|Page (1) of 1 - 03/06/12||email article||print page|
The Newest Additions to Highly Successful 'ICON' Series: New Collections From Dean Martin, Gary Allan, Tracy Byrd, Fall Out Boy, Diana Ross, Michael Jackson and Motown Records(March 06, 2012)
SANTA MONICA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/06/12 -- With a wealth of iconic artists and music in its catalog, Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) introduces its latest collections in the highly successful ICON series. These hits compilations will be released on March 6, 2012, and feature songs from Dean Martin, Diana Ross, Gary Allan, Michael Jackson, Tracy Byrd and Fall Out Boy, plus special ICON collections for the legendary Motown label featuring some of their biggest acts, including the Temptations, the Supremes, the Jackson 5, Four Tops, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye and Smokey Robinson & the Miracles.
Dean Martin - ICON (1-CD)
Playboy dubbed him "the coolest man who ever lived" and Elvis Presley worshipped him. That man was Rat Pack legend Dean Martin and, simply put, he was one of the greatest recording artists of all-time and a true musical icon.
Dean Martin - ICON is an 11-track collection of Dino's greatest recordings including his No. 1 hit singles "The Door Is Still Open (To My Heart)," "In The Chapel in the Moonlight" and "You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You," all showcasing him at his very best. Even at the height of Beatlemania with the British group topping the charts, in 1964 Martin reasserted himself with typical aplomb knocking the Fab Four from their perch with the No. 1 anthem "Everybody Loves Somebody," which is also included in this collection.
Dean Martin's show business legacy is legendary. A famed star of the silver screen and television, the Grammy© Award-winning singing sensation with his effortless vocalizing has become a modern-day shorthand for cool, and the warm sensuality of his voice continues to beguile new generations of music fans with a winning style and a romantic touch of mystery.
1) Everybody Loves Somebody
2) You're Nobody 'Til Somebody Loves You
3) I Will
4) Send Me The Pillow You Dream On
6) In The Chapel In The Moonlight
7) Little Ole Wine Drinker Me
8) (Remember Me) I'm The One Who Loves You
9) Somewhere There's A Someone
10) Come Running Back
11) The Door Is Still Open (To My Heart)
Gary Allan - ICON
With a recording career that spans nearly two decades, Gary Allan is a singer-songwriter whose style of country music originated in his native California in line with the likes of Merle Haggard and Buck Owens. As a teenager, Allan honed his skills as a songwriter and performer in bars with his dad and brother. His 1996 debut, 'Used Heart For Sale,' hit top 20 on the Country Albums chart and led to a string of chart successes and gold and platinum releases throughout his career, including his top 10 release 'Smoke Rings In The Dark' (1999), his top 5 albums 'Alright Guy' (2001), 'See If I Care' (2003) and 'Living Hard' (2007), and his chart-topping 2005 release, 'Tough All Over.'
ICON features some of his biggest songs including his No. 1 Country Singles hits "Tough Little Boys," "Man To Man" and "Nothing On But The Radio" plus his top 5 hit entries "The One" (which peaked at No. 3), his No. 2 single "Watching Airplanes" and his hit ballad "Life Ain't Always Beautiful" which reached No. 4 on the Country Singles chart in 2006.
Gary Allan, in his own unique way, carved a niche for himself in the world of country music worthy of ICON status and the eleven songs featured on this collection prove that point.
1) Watching Airplanes
2) Man To Man
3) Life Ain't Always Beautiful
4) Best I Ever Had
5) Her Man
6) Smoke Rings In The Dark
7) Tough Little Boys
8) The One
9) It Would Be You
10) Right Where I Need To Be
11) Nothing On But The Radio
Tracy Byrd - ICON (1 CD)
Texas-born country superstar Tracy Byrd has always been something of a maverick. In an industry where careers are often decided in committee, Byrd has always held fast to his own creative vision and has never been afraid to take the road less traveled. His hits are well-known among legions of country music fans and routinely spun by radio programmers from coast to coast. Since signing his first record deal in 1992, Byrd has achieved four gold records, with No Ordinary Man also going double platinum and staying in the top 10 for over 30 weeks, making Byrd one of country music's core artists and a true country icon.
Tracy Byrd - ICON features 11 of his most beloved hits including his No. 1 single "Holdin' Heaven," his No. 2 hit "The Keeper Of The Stars," his 1996 hit single "Big Love" that reached No. 3 on the Country Singles chart, plus some of his top 5 singles which include the two-step dance favorite "Watermelon Crawl," "I'm From The Country," his version of the '70s pop hit "(Don't Take Her) She's All I Got" and his signature ballad "The Keeper of the Stars," which hit No. 2 on the charts and netted the Academy of Country Music's Song of the Year accolade in 1996.
1) I'm From The Country
2) Holdin' Heaven
3) Lifestyles Of The Not So Rich And Famous
4) (Don't Take Her) She's All I Got
5) The Keeper Of The Stars
6) Big Love
7) Walking To Jerusalem
8) When Mama Ain't Happy
9) Love Lessons
10) Heaven In My Woman's Eyes
11) Watermelon Crawl
Fall Out Boy - ICON (1 CD)
Formed in 2001 in the suburbs of Chicago, emo/punk band Fall Out Boy released two albums on an independent label and gained a substantial underground buzz before achieving major mainstream success in 2005 with 'From Under the Cork Tree.' Upon its release, the album reached the top 10 on the Billboard Top 200, was certified double platinum and earned the band a Grammy© nomination for Best New Artist. In 2007, the group's success continued to skyrocket with the release of their No. 1 hit album 'Infinity on High,' also selling platinum while setting the stage for a series of headlining arena tours.
Featured are 11 classic tracks highlighting their incredible career that includes their 2006 chart- topping single "This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race," their top 10 hits "Sugar, We're Goin' Down" and "Dance, Dance" from their breakthrough album 'From Under the Cork Tree,' and "Thnks Fr Th Mmrs" from 'Infinity on High.'
With ten top 40 hits, four top 10 albums and over 4.5 million albums sold, the band celebrates its massive success with the release of Fall Out Boy - ICON.
1) Sugar, We're Goin Down
2) Dance, Dance
3) A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me"
4) Thnks fr th Mmrs
5) I'm Like A Lawyer With The Way I'm Always Trying To Get You Off (Me & You)
6) The Carpal Tunnel Of Love
7) "The Take Over, The Breaks Over"
8) This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
9) I Don't Care
10) America's Suitehearts
11) Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet
Diana Ross - ICON (1 CD)
With a remarkable career spanning over 40 years, Diana Ross has proven herself the consummate music artist as well as one of the most iconic female singers of all time. Beginning in the sixties as lead singer of the world-renowned singing group the Supremes, and as a solo performer, Ms. Ross achieved the unprecedented feat of twelve number one singles in the U.S.A., rivaled only by the Beatles for the position of the biggest hit group of that generation. In 1970, Ms. Ross moved to a solo career and for more than three decades has continued to produce an endless stream of chart singles and sold-out tours.
Diana Ross - ICON features 11 of Diana Ross's biggest solo hits including her No. 1 chart- topping singles "Touch Me In The Morning," "Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)," "Love Hangover," "Upside Down" and her timeless duet with Lionel Richie "Endless Love."
This year Diana Ross received a Grammy© Lifetime Achievement Award, firmly cementing her status as one of the great artists of our time.
1) Reach Out And Touch (Somebody's Hand)
2) Ain't No Mountain High Enough
3) Remember Me
4) Touch Me In The Morning
5) Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)
6) Love Hangover
7) The Boss
8) Upside Down
9) I'm Coming Out
10) It's My Turn
11) Endless Love
Michael Jackson - ICON (1 CD)
Michael Jackson was one of the most beloved entertainers and profoundly influential artists of all-time, leaving an indelible imprint on popular music and culture. Already an icon as lead singer of the Jackson 5, he started his illustrious solo artist career at the early age of 13 with hit Motown albums such as 'Got To Be There,' 'Ben' and 'Forever Michael.' Michael Jackson - ICON features his biggest Motown songs including his No. 1 smash hit "Ben," his rendition of "Rockin' Robin," which reached No. 2 on both the Billboard Hot 100 and R&B Singles charts, and his top 5 hits "Got To Be There," "I Wanna Be Where You Are" and "Just A Little Bit Of You."
During his extraordinary career, Michael Jackson sold an estimated 750 million records worldwide, won 13 Grammy© Awards, received the American Music Award's Artist of the Century Award and is one of a handful of artists to be inducted twice into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Jackson's sound, style and dance moves inspired subsequent generations of pop, soul, R&B and hip-hop artists.
1) Got To Be There
2) I Wanna Be Where You Are
3) Rockin' Robin
4) People Make The World Go 'Round
5) With A Child's Heart
6) Happy (Love Theme From "Lady Sings The Blues")
8) We're Almost There
9) Just A Little Bit Of You
10) One Day In Your Life
11) Music And Me
Various - Motown ICON (1-CD & 2-CD Set)
This year marks Motown's 53rd anniversary and Universal continues its year-long celebration of this iconic label with the release of both a single and double-disc edition of ICON: Motown Classics. Featured are some of Motown's biggest hits as recorded by some of the label's legendary acts. The single-disc version of Motown Classics features 11 No. 1 Motown R&B and Pop hits including the Marvelettes' 1961 hit "Please Mr. Postman," Smokey Robinson & the Miracles' 1970 smash hit "The Tears Of A Clown," Four Tops' 1965 hit "I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)" and Marvin Gaye's signature version of "I Heard It Through The Grapevine."
The 2-CD edition of ICON: Motown Classics is packed with select tracks from the single-disc version plus 14 additional Motown No. 1's and timeless singles including Marvin Gaye's hit "What's Going On," Stevie Wonder's 1968 hit "For Once In My Life," Michael Jackson's first hit as a solo artist, "Got To Be There," and the Temptations' first hit single and signature song, "My Girl."
As an irresistible force of social and cultural change, Berry Gordy's legendary Motown Records made its mark not just on the music industry, but society at large, with a sound that has become one of the most significant musical accomplishments and stunning success stories of the 20th century. The music created by its iconic artists communicated and brought together a racially divided country and segregated society, while touching all people of all ages and race around the world.
Track Listings (1 CD):
1) Please Mr. Postman [Single Version] - the Marvelettes
2) Do You Love Me [Hit Version Stereo Mix 2005] - the Contours
3) Heatwave [Album Stereo Version] - Martha & the Vandellas
4) My Guy [Single Version] - Mary Wells
5) Where Did Our Love Go [Stereo] - the Supremes
6) My Girl [Single Stereo Version] - the Temptations
7) I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) [Album Stereo Version] - Four Tops
8) I Heard It Through The Grapevine [Album Stereo Version] - Marvin Gaye
9) I Want You Back [Album Version] - Jackson 5
10) The Tears Of A Clown [Album Stereo Version]- Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
11) Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) [Album Version] - Stevie Wonder
Track Listings (2 CD):
1) Money (That's What I Want) [Single Version] - Barrett Strong
2) Shop Around [Single Version] - the Miracles
3) Please Mr. Postman [Single Version] - the Marvelettes
4) Do You Love Me [Hit Version Stereo mix 2005] - the Contours
5) My Guy [Single Version] - Mary Wells
6) Dancing In The Street [Single Version] - Martha & the Vandellas
7) My Girl [Single Stereo Version]- the Temptations
8) Shotgun [Album Version] - Jr. Walker & the All Stars
9) Stop! In The Name Of Love [Stereo Version] - Supremes
10) I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) [Album Stereo Version] - Four Tops
11) The Tracks Of My Tears [Album Stereo Version] - the Miracles
1) You Can't Hurry Love [Album Stereo Version] - the Supremes
2) Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing [Album Version] - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
3) I Heard It Through The Grapevine [Album Stereo Version] - Marvin Gaye
4) For Once In My Life [Album Version] - Stevie Wonder
5) I Want You Back [Album Version] - Jackson 5
6) The Tears Of A Clown [Album Stereo Version] - Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
7) Ain't No Mountain High Enough [Edit Version] - Diana Ross
8) What's Going On [Album Version] - Marvin Gaye
9) Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) [Album Version] - the Temptations
10) If I Were Your Woman [Single Version] - Gladys Knight & the Pips
11) Got To Be There [Single Version] - Michael Jackson
Universal Music Enterprises' ongoing and highly successful ICON series features greatest hits, signature songs and fan favorites from many of the most influential artists in music history. Each collection is specially priced offering unprecedented value to music fans.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: ICON, DEAN MARTIN, GARY ALLAN, TRACY BYRD, FALL OUT BOY, DIANA ROSS, MICHAEL JACKSON, MOTOWN RECO, USA, Marketwire, , Gold, Silver, Television, Music, Celebrities, Business,