|Page (1) of 1 - 03/23/10||email article||print page|
The Neat Company Gives Mac Users a Break This Tax SeasonNeatWorks(R) for Mac v3.0 Boasts New Features for Tax Time and Year-Round Organization (March 23, 2010)
PHILADELPHIA, PA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/23/10 -- The Neat© Company, developers of user-friendly scanning software and hardware solutions, today announced NeatWorks® for Mac v3.0 just in time for tax season. The free upgrade for Mac OS X is currently available to all existing NeatReceipts® and NeatDesk® customers. NeatWorks is also available for PC users; both Mac and PC versions include 2009 tax category information.
Tax time can be a source of frustration for millions of Americans but The Neat Company's solutions can help users organize all their important tax receipts and financial documents according to IRS tax categories to maximize deductions and ultimately save time and money. The NeatWorks software saves receipt images and data in its database, keeping a digital copy, important since the IRS accepts scanned images of receipts.
NeatWorks for Mac v3.0 includes new tax updates to help Mac users stay organized for tax time and all year long:
- Assign a tax category to every scanned receipt, making itemized deductions easy
- Generate reports based on tax categories by highlighting total receipt amounts for each category
- Integrate with Quick Look to see an instant image preview with a single click
- Create subfolders to easily organize data
- Simplify workflow with keyboard shortcuts and blank page removal
- Mac computer with an Intel® processor
- 1 GB of RAM; 3 GB recommended
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
- 256 MB of available disk space for installation, 1 GB recommended for user data
- CD-ROM or DVD drive required for installation
- Available USB port
The Neat Company's solutions can be purchased online at www.neatco.com as well as on Apple.com, Amazon.com and are available at OfficeMax, Staples and Office Depot. The NeatWorks for Mac software is compatible with third-party scanners from HP, Cannon and Fujitsu and can be purchased separately.
"We incorporated customer feedback throughout the development of NeatWorks for Mac to ensure it's a product that's intuitive and Mac-friendly. And now, with the release of v3.0, Mac users have a complete, year-round organization solution with added benefits to make tax time less, taxing."
-Kevin Garton, Chief Marketing Officer, The Neat Company
"I used to delay filing until October each year and lost track of numerous expenses since they were 'filed' in a box of wrinkled, faded receipts in all shapes and sizes. Not only does The Neat Company's solutions keep my important receipts and documents organized, I've also been able to track expenses and categorize my purchases by tax code throughout the year. Electronic files have replaced my shoeboxes of receipts -- so even my accountant is a lot less stressed during tax time!"
-Alice Best-Jackson, Retired Attorney and Neat customer
About The Neat Company
Founded in 2002 as a scanning solution for streamlining the expense reporting system, The Neat Company, formerly known as NeatReceipts, now offers a full range of products and complete system for managing all the paper clutter in your life.
Much more than just creating digital copies of important papers, The Neat Company's combined software and hardware solutions activate the information trapped on the paper then literally transform it into something more useful. The Neat Company is a privately owned company headquartered in Philadelphia. For more information please visit www.neatco.com.
- August 2009: The Neat Company named #169 on Inc. 500 list of fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. and #3 in the Philadelphia region
- July 2009: NeatReceipts named an Ultimate Choice award by Laptop Magazine
- March 2009: NeatDesk named a winner of the Red Dot Product Design awards
- November 2008: NeatDesk named a winner of the iF Product Design awards
- November 2008: NeatDesk named a Design & Innovation award winner by the Consumer Electronics Association
- October 2008: NeatReceipts and NeatDesk named Spark! Award winners
- October 2008: NeatReceipts named A Rising Star Company for Deloitte Fast 50
- September 2008: NeatReceipts re-launches as The Neat Company and introduces an all-new product lineup and debuts NeatWorks 4.0 software
- October 2007: NeatReceipts named Best Small Company To Work For by Philadelphia Magazine
- October 2007: NeatReceipts named #4 Fastest Growing Company by Philadelphia 100
- June 2007: Les and Rafi Spero named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2007 Award Winner in Greater Philadelphia
- April 2007: NeatReceipts named NAPO's Organizer's Choice Award for Best Technology Product
- December 2006: Named Startup Company of the Year by Eastern Technology Council
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1204316
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: tax tips, organization, scanner, paperless, paper organization, tax organization, Mac, Computers/Peripherals, Computer, Notebook/Laptop, OS (Operating System), Scanner (flatbed), Keyboard, USB, Digital Media Software, Computers/Home Office, Notebooks, Apple, Mac, OS9, OSX, USA, Marketwire, Inc., HP, Financial, Consumer Electronics,