|Page (1) of 1 - 02/01/12||email article||print page|
The Midwest Is a Hotbed for Romance: Redbox Announces 2012's Most and Least Romantic CitiesSend Valentines a Free, One-Night DVD Rental From Redbox (February 01, 2012)
OAKBROOK TERRACE, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 02/01/12 -- Just in time for Cupid, Redbox, America's destination for entertainment, today announced 2012's most and least romantic U.S. cities based on the number of romantic comedies rented in 2011. La Crosse, Wisconsin advanced from last year's second-place finish to earn the title of America's most romantic city. Conversely, Laredo, Texas is the least romantic city for the second year in a row. Below are the top ten cities in each category:
10 Most Romantic Cities
1. La Crosse, Wis.
2. Green Bay, Wis.
3. Ames, Iowa
4. Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5. Sioux Falls, S.D.
6. Wausau, Wis.
7. Grand Rapids-Kalamazoo, Mich.
8. Fargo, N.D.
9. Madison, Wis.
10. Mankato, Minn.
10 Least Romantic Cities
1. Laredo, Texas
2. Midland, Texas
3. Greenwood, Miss.
4. Victoria, Texas
5. Eureka, Calif.
6. Odessa, Texas
7. Las Vegas, Nev.
8. Florence, S.C.
9. Meridian, Miss.
10. Tucson, Ariz.
2012 Redbox Valentine's Day - Survey Snapshots*
- Date Nights With Movie Lights: More than 6 out of ten Americans (61 percent) will be spending Valentine's Day with a movie.
- Laughter Leads to Love: Romantic comedies top the list as the best movie genre for date night (38.8 percent), followed by laugh-out-loud comedies (24.8 percent) and new releases (18.5 percent).
- Real-Life Romance: On-screen passion and off-screen romance made Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling the couple to beat, as America voted The Notebook its favorite cinema love story (31.8 percent).
- It's the Thought That Counts: Nearly half of Americans (48.3 percent) hope to receive a thoughtful card this Valentine's Day. Flowers (38.7 percent), candy (23.3 percent) and jewelry (18.9 percent) round out America's wish lists.
- From the Heart: Forget fancy dinner reservations this year: more respondents would prefer a homemade meal on Valentine's Day (37.7 percent).
While romantic comedies are preferred for date nights (38.8 percent), drama and horror movies are rented more than other genres on February 14. The most-rented movies at Redbox over the past six Valentine's Days are: Paranormal Activity 2, Zombieland, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, No Reservations, Departed and Saw II.
For The Love of Free Movies
From February 1 through February 14, movie lovers can send a virtual Valentine's Day greeting card with a free, one-night DVD rental to a loved one via the Redbox Facebook page. The one-night DVD rental is good for redemption on Valentine's Day only (February 14, 2012).
Share Movie Moments this Valentine's Day
Redbox gifts are available for purchase at redbox.com/gifts and can be shared via email, text or Facebook. Terms and conditions apply to Redbox gifts. For details please visit redbox.com/gifts.
Finding the nearest Redbox® location is simple on redbox.com, via the Redbox iPhone® and Android apps or by texting FIND to 727272.**
*The "Redbox Valentine's Day Survey" polled more than 3,300 Redbox consumers nationwide. The most romantic cities were determined based on the highest percentages of romantic comedy rentals in a particular market in 2011.
** Message and data rates may apply. Only available on participating carriers.
Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc., offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc® and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 1.5 billion discs and is available at more than 34,400 kiosks across over 28,000 locations nationwide, including select McDonald's restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Walmart locations and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.redbox.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: movie rentals, Computers/Peripherals, Gaming, Notebook/Laptop, Blu-ray/HD DVD, Computers/Home Office, Movies & Music, DVD, Notebooks, Networks, New DVD Releases, Movies by Genre, Blu-ray/HD DVD, email, Africa, USA, Marketwire, Inc., , Restaurants, Game Technology, Entertainment, Email, Other,