|Page (1) of 1 - 05/09/12||email article||print page|
The Linux Foundation Announces Early Keynote Confirmations, Co-Located Events for LinuxCon North America and CloudOpen(May 09, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/09/12 --
- Twitter among early keynote confirmations to headline this year's premier Linux and open source event
- LinuxCon/CloudOpen co-located events -- including Linux Kernel Summit, Linux Plumbers Conference, GStreamer Summit, and more -- make San Diego the Linux and open source hot spot for summer 2012
- Call for Papers for both LinuxCon North America and CloudOpen closes June 1, 2012
The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization dedicated to accelerating the growth of Linux, today announced early confirmations for keynote speakers for North America's premier annual conference LinuxCon and the debut event CloudOpen, taking place together in San Diego, Calif., August 29-31, 2012.
Twitter's Open Source Manager Chris Aniszczyk, President of Qualcomm's Innovation Center Rob Chandhock, and former HP executive and author Phil McKinney are among the keynoters who will headline this summer's event.
The organization today is also announcing a variety of new co-located events being hosted at LinuxCon North America and CloudOpen, which will allow attendees to maximize their experience and collaboration with the broadest possible set of Linux community stakeholders.
LinuxCon North America this year is co-located with the Linux Kernel Summit (https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linux-kernel-summit) and Linux Plumbers Conference (http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/2012/), as well as the following events:
- Gluster Workshop, oVirt Workshop and Security Mini-Summit: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon/co-located-events
- GStreamer Conference: http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/conference/
- The C Conference: http://cconf.org/
- Xen Summit: http://www.xen.org/community/xensummit.html
The LinuxCon/CloudOpen keynote lineup reflects this year's software and computing priorities, from the role of Linux in the cloud, big data and mobile computing, to its impact on today's online experiences. The following keynote speakers have been confirmed:
- Twitter's Chris Aniszczyk will present "The Open Source Technology Behind a Tweet."
- Qualcomm Innovation Center's Rob Chandhock will share how Linux is fueling the mobile industry through collaboration.
- Former HP executive and author of "Beyond the Obvious: Killer Questions That Spark Game-Changing Innovation," Phil McKinney will talk about the nature of innovation in a collaboration economy.
- The exclusive Linux Kernel panel will draw from a pool of the top Linux kernel developers in the world who will be attending the Linux Kernel Summit co-located with LinuxCon North America and CloudOpen.
- The Linux Foundation's Jim Zemlin will give his annual State of Linux.
The Call for Participation (CFP) deadline for both LinuxCon North America and CloudOpen is June 1, 2012. To submit a proposal and be a part of this year's events, please visit: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon/cfp Additional details, speakers and sessions will be announced after all proposals have been received.
"Clear your calendars for the last week of August, because the global Linux and open source community will be taking over the city of San Diego. The number of co-located events and caliber of keynote speakers at this year's LinuxCon North America is unprecedented, and we're looking forward to what we can advance at this year's events," said Jim Zemlin, executive director at The Linux Foundation. "We hope that by bringing together an even wider variety of open source projects and companies, we can maximize everyone's investment in their conference schedules this year."
Registration is U.S. $500 through July 28th. To register, please visit: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon/register For more information about LinuxCon, CloudOpen or other Linux events, please visit http://events.linuxfoundation.org or watch this video that showcases the LinuxCon experience: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTFqJC_tDdQ
LinuxCon, which has sold out every year since its debut, is the world's leading conference addressing all matters Linux for the global business and technical communities. The LinuxCon schedule includes in-depth technical content for developers and operations personnel, as well as business and legal insight from the industry's leaders. The networking, problem-solving and deal-making opportunities at LinuxCon are unmatched for those involved in enterprise, desktop or mobile Linux.
Designed for software developers and IT managers responsible for deploying and developing cloud solutions, CloudOpen will feature technical content that includes, but is not limited to Chef, Gluster, Hadoop, KVM, Linux, oVirt, Puppet, and Xen, as well as big data strategies and open cloud platforms and tools. This conference will also cover open source best practices and how they relate to topics such as company data and APIs.
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is a nonprofit consortium dedicated to fostering the growth of Linux. Founded in 2007, the organization sponsors the work of Linux creator Linus Torvalds and promotes, protects and advances the Linux operating system by marshaling the resources of its members and the open source development community. The Linux Foundation provides a neutral forum for collaboration and education by hosting Linux conferences, including LinuxCon, and generating original Linux research, Linux videos and content that advances the understanding of the Linux platform. Its web properties, including Linux.com, reach approximately two million people per month. The organization also provides extensive Linux training opportunities that feature the Linux kernel community's leading experts as instructors. Follow The Linux Foundation on Twitter.
Trademarks: The Linux Foundation, Linux Standard Base, MeeGo and the Yocto Project are trademarks of The Linux Foundation. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1976394
The Linux Foundation
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Linux, Linux events, Linux research, Linux videos, Linux training, Linus Torvalds, LinuxCon , Education, Security, Networking, Internet, Business Issues, Security, Software Developers, Business, OS (Operating System), Unix, Linux, USA, Marketwire, , HP, Internet Technology, Business, Other,