|Page (1) of 1 - 09/24/04||email article||print page|
The Guide to Livin' the iLifeO'Reilly Releases "iLife '04: The Missing Manual" (September 24, 2004)
iLife '04: The Missing Manual
iLife may be simple, but it's not at all simplistic; many a user has been disappointed to find iLife's electronic help screens painfully sparse and its manual nonexistent...until now.
"iLife '04: The Missing Manual"--the book that should have been in the box--fills the information gap by exploring each iLife program in depth, offering invaluable shortcuts and workarounds, and unearthing countless features that the online help doesn't even mention. It gives readers everything they need to unleash their creative genius with the suite of programs (available at the Apple store and preinstalled on all new Macs) that is revolutionizing the way people work and play.
Pogue, columnist for The New York Times and creator of O'Reilly's ever-popular Missing Manual series, makes sure there's nothing standing between his readers and professional-caliber music, photos, and movies. His authoritative, witty, all-inclusive "iLife '04: The Missing Manual" covers all five programs:
* iTunes: Keeping a music collection in iTunes makes favorite songs readily accessible for use in movies, slideshows, and DVDs. It's also the main entrance to the iTunes Music Store as well as a handy loading dock for the iPod.
* iMovie: This book bursts with clever workarounds, hidden features, and Hollywood editing tricks. Home movies never looked so professional.
* iPhoto: This program is a match made in heaven for the digital camera. Organizing, displaying, and sending photos is a snap.
* iDVD: A Mac equipped with a SuperDrive can distribute movies and photos at much higher quality than VHS tapes or QuickTime movies by creating Hollywood-style DVDs.
* GarageBand: Why would anyone settle for other people's music creations when they could easily record professional tracks of their own--even with no musical knowledge?
Pogue highlights the newest features and improvements of iLife '04, covers the capabilities and limitations of each program within the suite, and delivers countless goodies not found anywhere else: undocumented tips, tricks, and secrets for getting the very best performance out of every one of iLife's life-changing new applications.
For more information about the book, including author bio, see: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/ilifetmm/
O'Reilly Media, Inc. is the premier information source for leading-edge computer technologies. The company's books, conferences, and web sites bring to light the knowledge of technology innovators. O'Reilly books, known for the animals on their covers, occupy a treasured place on the shelves of the developers building the next generation of software. O'Reilly conferences and summits bring alpha geeks and forward-thinking business leaders together to shape the revolutionary ideas that spark new industries. From the Internet to XML, open source, .NET, Java, and web services, O'Reilly puts technologies on the map.
For more information: http://www.oreilly.com
Related Keywords:iLife, O'Reilly, iLife '04: The Missing Manual, Apple, iLife '04, David Pogue, iTunes, iMovie, iDVD, iPhoto, GarageBand, SuperDrive,