|Page (1) of 1 - 06/06/12||email article||print page|
The 2012 "Best of Sensors Expo" Award Winners Announced(June 06, 2012)
ROSEMONT, IL -- (Marketwire) -- 06/06/12 -- Sensors Magazine today announced the winners of the magazine's 2012 "Best of Sensors Expo" Awards for outstanding achievement in sensors and sensors-related technologies. The awards were presented by Editor Melanie Martella at Sensors Expo and Conference, being held this week at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL.
Six gold, silver, bronze and honorable mention awards were presented by Martella and Ed Ramsden from Lattice Semiconductor, both judges for this year's awards. Dozens of exhibitors submitted new product nominations and entries which were judged on the basis of potential impact, application, distinctiveness, timeliness and availability.
"We are always looking for the newest and the most innovative in smart design, applications and network and the nominations we received this year demonstrated exceptional innovation, integration and ease of use," said Martella. "We applaud all of the winners and look forward to the future where these products help solve real world issues."
The 2012 Best of Sensors Expo award winners are:
- austriamicrosystems AG for the AS3935 Franklin Lightning Sensor IC -- a very sensitive RF receiver that, coupled with a special algorithm, can spot the tell-tale electrical signature of a lightning storm up to 40 km away.
- MicroStrain Inc. for the LXRS Lossless Extended-Range Synchronized Wireless Sensor networks; Models G-Link-LXRS, SG-Link-LXRS, and V-Link-LXRS -- Wireless sensor networks with high reliability and high sample rates.
- PCB Piezotronics Inc., The Modal Shop Inc. for the 9100D portable vibration calibrator which provides vibration excitation source for field calibration/checking of vibration sensors, etc.
- InvenSense Inc. for the MPU-6050 6-axis IMU -- MotionTracking device that combines triaxial gyro and accelerometer with onboard DSP for advanced sensor fusion.
- Electro Optical Components/Intex for the INTX-22-100 SM surface mount, broadband pulsable IR emitter MEMS wideband IR emitter used to provide precision IR in various instruments (spectrophotometers, gas analyzers, etc.) and act as an IR marker beacon.
- MEMSIC Inc. for the MFC 001 mass flow sensor module. MEMS thermal mass flow sensor that combines sensing element and signal conditioning, MCU, and software.
Sensors is the authority for smart design, applications and networks. It provides focused news in the markets where sensor and related technologies are applied as part of a company or organization's business and competitive strategy: Electronics & Computers; Machine Manufacturing; Process Industries; Automotive; Aerospace/Military/Homeland Security; Medical Devices; Engineering/Architectural; R+D; Wireless Networking & M2M; and more. For more information, visit www.sensorsmag.com.
Sensors Expo & Conference is the only industry event in North America exclusively focused on sensors and sensor-integrated systems, providing over 25 years of technical innovation and thought leadership. The event is widely known as one of the world's largest and most important gatherings of engineers and scientists involved in the development and deployment of sensor systems. Sensors Expo & Conference identifies the latest sensing technologies and strategies, explores them in an information-packed conference program and reflects those trends throughout the Expo Floor with new product releases, key technology-focused areas, such as Big Data & Cloud, Energy Harvesting, MEMS and Wireless, and a showcase of hundreds of products and services. For more information, visit www.sensorsexpo.com.
The Sensors Expo & Conference is produced and managed by Questex Media Group LLC, a global, diversified business-to-business integrated media and information provider, headquartered in Newton, MA.
For further information, contact:
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: best of sensors awards winners, MEMS, energy harvesting, wireless networking, sensors magazine, , Applications, Networking, Marketwire, Inc., Gold, Business,