|Page (1) of 1 - 12/18/11||email article||print page|
Thankster QR Codes Turn Static Thank You Cards and Other Greetings Into Dynamic Multimedia ShowcasesLets Users Share Online Events, Memories and Images With Card Recipients (December 18, 2011)
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 12/18/11 -- Thankster today announced that the company has added support for QR codes to its online thank you store. Now, in addition to being able to send real paper notes and thank you cards much more easily than in the past (with real handwriting), users can turn static cards into dynamic multimedia showcases by including these codes on its printed thank you cards, invitations and greeting cards. The QR codes give card recipients an easy way to access and enjoy related photos, videos, and other online mementos.
"Thankster has always been about combining online convenience with social niceties and gratitude," said Paul Geller, Thankster CEO. "Now, with the addition of QR codes, we offer yet another high tech way to improve the experience of sending and receiving real cards. It is often de rigueur to send a physical card, either by etiquette or tradition," he continued, and "Our new QR feature lets you bring the traditional paper card to life." Mr. Geller described a typical example, in which "A user would first derive great satisfaction from reading his wedding or Bar Mitzvah thank you note, and then be further pleased to scan the QR code on the back and see a photo or video from the affair, perhaps one with all the people from his table."
The new functionality makes it possible to add QR codes to printed or electronic cards, en masse or individually, tailored to each recipient. In just a few steps, users can upload the files, or link to images from sites such as Flickr or YouTube, and associate these with a QR code that gets printed on the cards they are sending. Recipients can use any cell phone or computing device that has a camera and a QR code reader app to scan the code and instantly call up the images, offering a great way to summon cherished images or other content, and evoke warm feelings and strengthen social bonds.
Some Thankster Features
Thankster makes it easy for the digital generation to connect with actual "handwritten" cards:
- Send the "Real Thing:" In this technology-driven age, where digital messaging has become pervasive, Thankster offers users the personal touch of a handwritten card with the ease of a few mouse clicks and keystrokes.
- Fast Service: Brides and grooms can easily upload their invitation lists and quickly personalize wedding day thank yous, all before they even leave for their honeymoon.
- Expert Guidance: Don't know what to say? With the click of a button, find templates for any occasion.
- Include a Gift: Thankster now makes it easy to send a gift along with the card for birthdays and other occasions, for business gifts, or to make that thank you note even more special.
- Get Paid to Spread Thankster: All Thankster users are automatically enrolled (with $1.50 in earnings as our gift) in our Spread Thankster program, and receive a percentage of referral revenue earned using a referral code, affiliate banners/links, or email.
- Subscriptions -- With a Thankster subscription, cards are much cheaper and have guaranteed next day shipping. Every month users can send ten cards for the price of one or two in a card store. The company believes this will encourage more consistent expressions of gratitude, increasing happiness levels for both senders and recipients.
Headquartered in New York City, Thankster combines the electronic world with an offline, personal touch, by allowing consumers and businesses to quickly create high quality personalized notes, thank you cards, and other missives (such as holiday cards and various types of greeting cards) with authentic looking handwriting. Thankster then prints, stuffs, posts and mails the cards. The company has many handwriting choices to choose from, or users can input their own. Users can buy cards individually, or save by buying an inexpensive subscription.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1835676
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1835681
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: thank you cards, handwritten notes, greeting cards, handwritten greeting cards, free greeting cards, Computers/Peripherals, Camera, Communications, Cell phone, Marketwire, , Shipping, Communications Technology, Business, Email, Other,