|Page (1) of 1 - 01/10/11||email article||print page|
TerraBlock is Shared Storage Choice for Corporate Production DepartmentsIn-house video production at FedEx, Goodyear and others rely on Facilis Technology`s turn-key storage solution (January 10, 2011) Facilis Technology, a leader in shared media storage technology for post-production and content creation, announced today that several new corporate communications departments have selected TerraBlock shared storage, including FedEx, Goodyear, Intel, Menards, Microsoft, Kohls, National Geographic, St Judes Hospital and Raytheon.
These organizations join corporate communications departments at John Deere, SAS Institute and Cleveland Clinic who were existing TerraBlock customers. Deployed in more than 1000 creative environments around the world, TerraBlock is a cost-effective storage solution that easily expands with a department or facility. TerraBlock helps increase productivity and efficiency and offers production departments advanced sharing capabilities, high-performance and flexible Windows and/or Mac OSX workflows, with no third-party software.
"TerraBlock has been a great investment for our media department," said Sandy Yoder, longtime TerraBlock customer and senior media producer at John Deere. "It saves time on our video production, making our department more efficient and effective. The reliability we have seen from TerraBlock is impressive, and we have not had a single technical support issue in more than six years of use."
The latest version of TerraBlock offers content creators:
- Collaborative file-level access over 8Gbit Fibre Channel and 1Gbit Ethernet with a 10Gbit optional uplink
- Seamless integration between Windows and Mac OS X mixed environments
- Cross-platform Multi-user Write in a Virtual Volume environment with the Facilis Shared File System
- Capture uncompressed 1080i 10bit HD on multiple workstations to the same Virtual Volume through the Facilis Shared File System
- Increased bandwidth for 3D and 2K DPX workflow with a simple change to Single-user Write mode and span multiple servers for maximum bandwidth
About Facilis Technology
Facilis Technology, Inc. designs and builds high-capacity, turnkey shared storage networks for television, film and all other aspects of post-production. Facilis Technology delivers cost-effective, high-bandwidth storage solutions that enable a more efficient workflow for content creators. For more information, visit www.facilis.com or contact email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Facilis Technology, TerraBlock, shared storage, post production, content creation, editing, corporate, customer