|Page (1) of 1 - 05/27/14||email article||print page|
Telestream and Quantum Introduce Replay and Review Solution for Live Multi-Stream Sports Video Capture and AnalysisCombination of Telestream Pipeline Replay and Quantum StorNext Appliances Enables Instant Review of Any Camera Angle and Simultaneous Editing of Live Streams (May 27, 2014)
NEVADA CITY, CA and SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/27/14 -- Telestream® and Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM) today announced a new Replay and Review packaged solution for ingest, instant review and storage of video from multi-camera, live sporting events. The joint solution combines the Telestream Pipeline Replay system for easy, cost-effective capture of multiple HD camera feeds and Quantum's StorNext® Pro Studio appliance and shared storage software solution for high-performance ingest and playback. Based on a previous, IBC award-winning collaboration between the two companies, this combination provides sports leagues and teams a turnkey solution delivered through Diversified Systems, a recognized leader in the design of turnkey integration solutions for today's sports media leaders. The Telestream-Quantum solution meets the expectations of modern-day officiating and offers re-monetization opportunities -- all at a fraction of the cost of large, live sports broadcast solutions. Benefits include:
- Instant Review of Live Sporting Events - Customers can record an entire event live across multiple camera angles, instantly review any point in time and then jump back to live action.
- Simultaneous Editing of Highlight Clips - Using the Telestream Pipeline Replay client, editors can pick the camera angle that provides the best view, instantaneously log content and repurpose media for editing, transcoding, creation of highlights, or web/mobile distribution.
- Post-production Editing on Live Feeds - Post production can be performed on the live feeds instantaneously. An editor using Apple Final Cut or Adobe Premiere can simultaneously access the captured camera content from a single volume of StorNext high-performance storage. Because the open standards-based system is XML-driven, users can also add custom metadata tags and create new markers for incidents they want to review later.
- Easy Scalability - The base system includes capture and multi-camera playback from eight camera feeds to a single client. However, it can be extended to 12 camera feeds with minimal Telestream Pipeline Replay additions and no extra storage costs. Moreover, the StorNext Pro Studio solution can be extended to include a StorNext AEL Archive, thereby providing LTO-based archival of multi-camera content for future repurposing.
- Complete Turnkey Solution - The Telestream-Quantum Replay and Review system is a complete solution delivered as a turnkey package for simplicity and cost effectiveness. It includes all of the hardware, software, storage spares -- along with three years of support -- needed for deployment. Integration will be provided by Diversified Systems, which is highly experienced in the unique production and entertainment needs of sports venues and networks.
"We are delighted to be partnering with Quantum and Diversified Systems to offer the new Replay and Review turnkey solution for ingest, instant review, and storage of video," said Paul Turner, vice president of enterprise product management at Telestream. "Pipeline Replay was custom designed for officiating and review of sporting events, a market for which we see great growth potential. Coupling our processing technology with StorNext's scale-out storage offers capabilities unrivaled at any price point."
"We're excited to be building on our partnership with Telestream to help sports leagues and teams meet the expectations of today's viewers, as well as find new ways to repurpose and monetize their content," said Alex Grossman, vice president, Media and Entertainment, Quantum. "Over the past year, Quantum has increased its focus and investment in the sports video market, leveraging StorNext's long-standing leadership in collaborative storage and content workflows and archive. In fact, this week I'm at the Sports Video Group's College Sports Summit, where I'll not only be talking with customers about the new Telestream-Quantum solution but also participating in a panel discussion on managing digital assets."
Telestream provides world-class live and on-demand digital video tools and workflow solutions that allow consumers and businesses to transform video on the desktop and across the enterprise. Many of the world's most demanding media and entertainment companies as well as a growing number of users in a broad range of business environments, rely on Telestream products to streamline operations, reach broader audiences and generate more revenue from their media. Telestream products span the entire digital media lifecycle, including video capture and ingest; live and on-demand encoding and transcoding; captioning; playout, delivery, and live streaming; as well as management and automation of the entire workflow. Telestream corporate headquarters are located in Nevada City, California. The company is privately held. For more information, visit www.telestream.net.
Quantum is a leading expert in scale-out storage, archive and data protection. Its StorNext 5 solutions power modern workflows, enabling high-performance, real-time collaboration and keeping content readily accessible for future use and re-monetization. More than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to address their most demanding content workflow needs, including top studios, major broadcasters and new, cutting-edge content creators. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain they have the end-to-end storage platform to manage assets from ingest through finishing, and into delivery and long-term preservation. See how at www.stornext.com.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain and StorNext are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Telestream is a registered trademark and Pipeline and Replay are trademarks of Telestream, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using the Telestream-Quantum solutions, and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such solutions are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unforeseen technical limitations, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 7, 2014 and in Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 7, 2013, especially those risks listed in this section under the heading "Our operating results depend on a limited number of products and on new product introductions, which may not be successful, in which case our business, financial condition and operating results may be materially and adversely affected." Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords:Post/Production, Management, Editors, Camera/Film, Business, Production/Post, Post Production, Production, Facility (Post Production), USA, Marketwire, Inc., IBC Attendees, Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Sports, Business, Entertainment, Sports, College Sports, Other,