|Page (1) of 1 - 06/20/12||email article||print page|
Telerik Test Studio for iOS Lands in the Apple App Store(June 20, 2012)
WALTHAM, MA (PRWEB) June 20, 2012
Telerik, an end-to-end provider of software application lifecycle and content management solutions, today announced the official release of Test Studio for iOS, its mobile automated testing solution for iPhone, iPad and iPod applications. Test Studio for iOS is the first iOS app testing solution downloadable from Apples App Store directly to customers devices, enabling any stakeholder to take part in improving the quality of their mobile applications. This latest version, available for free on Apples App Store here, is ideal for individual or small mobile app development teams. Test Studio for iOS also supports MonoTouch, PhoneGap and Xcode development platforms.
With the pressure to validate an increasingly complex set of testing requirements across different applications architectures and interfaces, multiple mobile OSs, form factors, and network technology layers, IDC forecasts cloud and mobility applications will help propel worldwide testing services to an impressive 15.4 percent annual growth rate through 2015.
The explosive growth of the iOS application development market calls for a solid testing solution that ensures apps are of outstanding quality in order to stand out from competitors and raise the bar in user experience, said Christopher Eyhorn, Executive VP, Telerik Testing Tools Division. Telerik seized the opportunity to develop a leading-edge solution for testing web, native and hybrid apps without jailbreaking the device. Test Studio for iOS is an advanced, yet easy-to-use and deploy testing solution for iOS apps.
Key product features include:
- No need to jailbreak, unlock or modify mobile devices. Out-of-the-box support for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch (iOS 4.0+).
- Ability to test native, web and hybrid apps. For developers who want to test native iOS apps, they will need to download a small library component to recompile their code.
- Object-based recording. All recorded test steps are based on Element Locaters ensuring that the correct element is targeted when tests playback.
- Ad-hoc testing. Enables beta testers or app owners to manually walk through an application, record feedback about the UI or bugs, and send comments and screenshots directly to clients email or the outsourced app dev team.
- Maintainable tests. Update tests without having to re-record everything. Edit values for existing recorded steps and continue recording from a specific point in the test.
- Support for offline authoring and execution. Test Studio for iOS is fully functional on any of the supported devices developers deploy it oniPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (iOS 4.0+). Developers can choose to never leave their device and can work without having to go back and forth between devices.
Pricing and Availability
Version 1 of Test Studio for iOS app can be downloaded for free from Apples App Store here, directly to an iPhone, iPad or iPod device. The app features mobile web testing capabilities only. The testing tool can also be downloaded free-of-charge from Teleriks website here to a Mac computer. This full-featured application includes testing of web, native and hybrid iOS apps.
Registration for a webinar with additional details about the new Test Studio for iOS release is now open at: Test Studio Webinar Registration.
Telerik is a market-leading provider of end-to-end solutions for application development, software testing, agile project management, reporting, and content management. Teleriks award-winning software development products enable enterprises and organizations of every size to generate tangible productivity gains, reduce time-to-market, and deliver on time and under budget. With tens of thousands of users in more than 90 countries around the world, Teleriks customers include numerous Fortune 2000 companies, academic institutions, governments, and non-profit organizations. For additional information about Telerik, please visit http://www.telerik.com or follow @telerik on Twitter. For more information about Telerik Test Studio for iOS, please visit http://www.telerik.com/ios-testing or follow @teleriktesting on Twitter.
Mobile, Cloud & Enterprise Inquiries:
Ignite Public Relations
Tel. 650.227.3280 #101
Developer Tools & Testing Inquiries:
Interprose Public Relations
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012-telerik/test-studio-ios/prweb9617661.htm.
Related Keywords:computer crime, missile systems, political systems, computer crime, software, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, company information, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, computing and information technology, satellite technology, software, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology,