|Page (1) of 1 - 09/23/13||email article||print page|
Telematics Update: Wearable Technology Enters the Automotive Arena(September 23, 2013)
(PRWEB) September 23, 2013
The Nismo smartwatch which is set to monitor vehicle performance as well as drivers heart rate, temperature and biometrics represents a potential watershed moment for vehicle connectivity. "Wearable technology is fast becoming the next big thing and we want to take advantage of this innovative technology," said Gareth Dunsmore, marketing communications general manager at Nissan, Europe.
The Future of Non-Distracted Connected Driving Services
With wearable technology making headline news, The Content & Apps for Automotive USA 2013 conference (December 11-12, San Francisco) is set to feature renowned Silicon Valley entrepreneur and MotionX pioneer Philippe Khan take to the stage to present his view on how wearables are set to transform the automotive industry. Speaking ahead of the conference, event director Gareth Ragg stated, Wearable technology has the potential to revolutionize the connected car experience. With it offering the promise to spot fatigue, monitor concentration and maybe even measure emotions, it could be the killer technology to provide non-distracted telematics services.
Content & Apps for Automotive USA 2013 Conference, December 11-12, San Francisco, is North Americas largest event dedicated to automotive content. It will tackle how create a new app paradigm for the car by developing a flexible auto-grade content platform.
For the complete Content & Apps for Automotive 2013 conference program and speaker line-up, visit: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/content-services-mobile-apps/index.php
Over 25 Industry pioneer speakers at the conference include:
- Matt Jones, Senior Technical Specialist - Infotainment, Jaguar Land Rover
- Philippe Kahn, CEO, Fullpower-MotionX
- Damon Lavrinc, Transportation Editor, WIRED
- Steffen Neumann, Project Manager, Mercedes-Benz R&D North America
- Charles Koch, Manager New Business Development, American Honda
- Benjamin Auslander, Manager - Content Development, Connected Services, Volkswagen
- Jake Sigal, Founder and CEO, Livio
- Michael Harkey, Platform BD, Foursquare
- Martin Kristensson, Head of Content Acquisition, Volvo
- Henry Bzeih, Head - Infotainment & Telematics, KIA Motors
- Geoff Snyder, Director - Automotive Business Development, Pandora
- John Du, Director of China R&D Center, General Motors
To see the full speaker line-up of over 25+ industry leading speakers - http://www.telematicsupdate.com/content-services-mobile-apps/conference-speakers.php
The hottest industry debates and announcements:
- Get to grips with the future of IVI platform standardization: Collaboration or competition?
- Explore how to redefine the vehicle app UI through delivering an integrated content platform
- Evaluate whether Android and iOS are primed to make the leap into the automotive arena
- Debate the business models that will transform the car into lucrative platform for developers
- Discover how to harness contextual data to create uber-personal content and apps for the car
To view the complete conference agenda - http://www.telematicsupdate.com/content-services-mobile-apps/conference-agenda.php
Rave industry reviews of Content & Apps for Automotive USA:
The place where car companies and content people come together to make great things happen.
Nokia Location and Commerce
Perfect atmosphere and place to share and talk about open innovations with each others. TU conference will be a right opportunity to gain very fruitful outcomes and directions.
Great opportunity to hear what is happening in such a dynamic space, and a phenomenal networking opportunity.
Recommended event for all creating and supporting automotive content and applications. I was able to get up to speed quickly on the hot topics and future concerns of the industry.
For the complete Content & Apps for Automotive USA 2013 conference program and speaker line-up, access the e-brochure at http://www.telematicsupdate.com/content-services-mobile-apps/conference-event-brochure.php or contact the Telematics Update team at content(at)telematicsupdate(dot)com
Register before this Friday (September 20) via the secure link below to take advantage of a $300 saving on all conference passes: https://secure.telematicsupdate.com/content-services-mobile-apps/register.php
About Telematics Update:
Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics events in North America, Europe & Asia, and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking.
Conference Director | Telematics Update
T: (UStf) 1 800 814 3459 ext 7589 | (Global) +44 (0)20 7375 7589
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/9/prweb11150287.htm.