|Page (1) of 1 - 12/12/11||email article||print page|
TeleCommunication Systems Unveils TCS TotalCom(TM) PortfolioEasy-to-Deploy, Core-to-the-Edge Communication Solutions Provide Secure and Reliable Connections to All Personnel, Locations and Vehicles (December 12, 2011)
ANNAPOLIS, MD -- (Marketwire) -- 12/12/11 -- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today introduced its TotalCom portfolio, which has been developed to enable seamless, highly secure voice, video and data communication among fixed sites and remote operations. TotalCom solutions include portable, deployable products, managed satellite services, integrated global support, information assurance and applications over any type of network. They enable individuals on the ground, vehicles, aircraft and command centers to shape collected information into a coherent, accurate situation assessment.
TCS TotalCom Portfolio:
- TCS secure line-of-sight and beyond-line-of-sight RF communications, next-generation Tactical Transportable TROPO, Wireless Point-to-Point (PTP) and Point-to-Multipoint (PMP) systems enable the extension of secure LAN to remote locations.
- Global meshed satellite connectivity, which employs both traditional bent pipe technology and seamless IP satellite networking through TCS' exclusive first commercially available network to take advantage of Cisco's Internet Routing in Space [IRIS] technology on Intelsat-14, using TCS' global network of teleports and dedicated networks.
- Home station in-building distributed antenna systems that capture cellular and radio signals from outside the building and retransmit them inside the building.
- Professional services, including deployable systems field support and other integrated logistics support, cyber security training and assessment, and continuity of operations capability (COOP) by TCS-certified and cleared personnel, who have served as trusted advisors to key government agencies since the company's inception nearly 25 years ago.
New Secure Comms Products: TCS is introducing Impact Tactical and SwiftCell Lite , two innovative products developed to ensure secure communication from the core to the edge of the network.
- The TCS Impact Tactical IP Terminal is the smallest ruggedized communications kit to date in the TCS family of products. Its features include a modular design that allows efficient adaptation as user requirements change for vehicles, rack-mount, tents, etc. with plug-and-play ease.
- The Impact Tactical kit is classification agnostic, allowing physical separation between systems, and offering a compact, lightweight design and tool-less installation.
- SwiftCell Lite is a completely self-contained cellular network housed in a small, discrete ruggedized case. An intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) offers simple operation with powerful capabilities for complete network customization, while a 40 GB solid-state internal hard drive delivers unrivaled durability.
- In a matter of minutes after powering up SwiftCell Lite, users can communicate privately on their own cellular network, regardless of the terrain or environment, enabling users to call each other, send SMS text messages and share other vital information just as if they were on a commercially provided cellular network.
- Optional WAN Ethernet-based connectivity enables secure reachback into the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) and global wireless carrier infrastructure, allowing users to communicate with any phone anywhere in the world; with options for encrypted voice, text and data across the network.
- Michael Bristol, senior vice president and general manager, Government Solutions Group, TCS, said: "Now more than ever, government agencies are demanding communication offerings that link all individuals from the top brass down to the soldier on the ground with equipment that is reliable, secure and easily deployable. TCS is dedicated to delivering innovative solutions that take communication technologies to the next level, with the ability to transmit not just voice, but video and data among all personnel and equipment. The TCS TotalCom Portfolio gives defense, government and commercial organizations the ability to meet the growing secure connectivity needs of their stakeholders."
- TeleCommunication Systems: http://www.telecomsys.com/
- TCS TotalCom: http://www.telecomsys.com/markets/government/
- SwiftCell Lite: http://www.telecomsys.com/products/deployable-coms/executive-travel-kit/SwiftCell-Lite.aspx
- Impact Tactical: http://www.telecomsys.com/products/deployable-coms/Impact-Tactical.aspx
- Executive Travel Kit: http://www.telecomsys.com/products/deployable-coms/executive-travel-kit/default.aspx
- TCS OS-IRIS: http://www.telecomsys.com/services/managed-network-services/TCS_OS-IRIS.aspx
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cyber security expertise, professional services, and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, this news release contains forward-looking statements as defined within Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and are based upon TCS' current expectations and assumptions that if incorrect would cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. Risks include without limitation those detailed from time to time in the Company's SEC reports, including the reports on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2010, and on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2011.
Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances, or otherwise.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
Liolios Group, Inc.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: TeleCommunication Systems, Inc., Office Equipment, Sales, Applications, Sales & Marketing, Security, Networking, Internet, Business Issues, Cloud Computing, Connectivity, Wireless, Cellular, Security, Search, Internet Server Applications, Search Servers, infrastructure, Sales, Sales, Marketwire, Inc., , Wireless Communications, Communications Technology, Internet Technology, Internet, Family, Other,