News: Page (1) of 1 - 02/22/12 Email this story to a friend. email article Print this page (Article printing at MyDmn.com).print page facebook

Teenage girl dies after inhaling helium at party

Oregon teenage girl dies after inhaling helium from a tank at drinking party By The Associated Press

EAGLE POINT, Ore. (AP) ' A teenage party that combined booze, marijuana and a tank of helium turned deadly last week after a 14-year-old passed out and died.

Fourteen-year-old Ashley Long suffered an embolism from the pressurized tank depriving her brain of oxygen.

The death sheds light on the deadly effects of helium, usually misused by people as a trick to give their voice a cartoon character sound.



But the death exposes the rare but real dangers of inhaling helium, especially from a pressurized tank.

Experts say parents should talk to their children about the dangers of ingesting any substance ' especially while drinking.

___

Follow Jeff Barnard on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jeffbarnardAP.


Page: 1


Related Keywords:Helium Death,

-->

Our Privacy Policy --- @ Copyright, 2015 Digital Media Online, All Rights Reserved