|Page (1) of 1 - 11/07/11||email article||print page|
Tech Council of Maryland Announces Finalists for 2011 Mid-Atlantic CIO & CTO Live! AwardsWinners to Be Announced at Awards Dinner November 17th in Bethesda (November 07, 2011)
ROCKVILLE, MD -- (Marketwire) -- 11/07/11 -- The Tech Council of Maryland (TCM), Maryland's largest technology and biotechnology association with nearly 500 members employing more than 250,000 in the region, today announced the finalists for the 2011 Mid-Atlantic CIO & CTO Live! Awards, which honor the region's best CIOs, CTOs, VPs of IT and senior IT leaders.
"This year's finalists represent the breadth of our region's IT leaders in tech and biotech," said Renee Winsky, CEO, Tech Council of Maryland. "November 17th will be an exciting evening for networking, entertainment by the Capitol Steps, and a true celebration of our leadership in this industry."
Finalists for this year's awards include:
Chief Information Security Officer of the Year
- Darren Lacey, Chief Information Security Officer, IT@JHU
- Mark Leary, Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer, TASC, Inc.
IT Executive of the Year - Commercial
- Michael Chumley, Chief Technology Officer, Brown Advisory
- Jerry Hermes, Chief Information Officer, Navy Federal Credit Union
- Scott Hoffpauir, Chief Technology Officer and Co-Founder, BroadSoft
- Mike Peters, Vice President of Systems Engineering, GlobalNet Services, Inc.
- Marty Roesch, Chief Technology Officer, Sourcefire, Inc.
IT Executive of the Year - Government
- Joe Malfesi, Chief Technology Operations Officer, Amtrak
- Eric Vazquez, Chief Information Officer, Department of Labor, Job Corps
- Vennard Wright, Chief Technology Officer, Prince George's County Government
IT Executive of the Year - Non-Profit
- Anup Mahurkar, Executive Director of Bioinformatics Software Engineering and IT, Institute for Genome Sciences at University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Stephanie Reel, Chief Information Officer, Vice President for Information Services, Vice Provost for Information Technologies, Johns Hopkins Medicine & Johns Hopkins University
- John Spencer Jr., Vice President Operations and Chief Information Officer, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists
Rising IT Star of the Year
- Anthony Gaito, Systems Development Manager, Clinical Information Systems, IT@JHU
- Shaun Poulton, Chief Technology Officer, Regent Education
- Rico Singleton, Chief Information Officer, City of Baltimore
Winners of the 2011 Mid-Atlantic CIO & CTO Live! Awards will be announced on November 17th during an evening program at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center.
For more information, or to register to attend the awards ceremony, visit the TCM website.
ABOUT THE TECH COUNCIL OF MARYLAND, INC.
The Tech Council of Maryland (TCM) is the largest technology trade group serving the advanced technology and biotechnology communities of Maryland. TCM's mission is to advocate for the interests of the technology community, further the role of technology in the Maryland economy, and nurture an environment where technology companies can collaborate, grow and succeed. For more information, visit www.techcouncilmd.com.
Wills & Associates Public Relations
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: CIO, CTO, Tech Council of Maryland, Networking , Education, Security, Networking, Marketwire, Inc., , Biology, Computer Science, Entertainment, Military,