|Page (1) of 1 - 01/26/05||email article||print page|
Tantus Launches ONEAlliance Shared Storage SolutionUnlimited access to a single volume and unlimited on-line expansion and throughput (January 26, 2005)
Tantus Corporation announced today that it will begin configuring, installing, and supporting its new storage solution for the content creation and broadcast markets. The ONEAlliance Shared Storage Workgroup is a specialized Storage Area Network, implementing an incredible NTFS-compatible file system which will allow any users on the network to have simultaneous read and write access to a single volume. The system additionally allows the storage capacity and aggregate throughput of the system to limitlessly scale while client computers are connected and accessing their data. Personnel can ingest, edit, playback, composite, and color correct the same unduplicated video footage, from DV, to HDV, to Uncompressed 10-bit HD, while their render farms and broadcast servers all access the same files. All of this functionality is available starting at $15K.
The system is built around both Fibre Channel and iSCSI SAN technology, allowing both inexpensive/low-throughput and more expensive/high-throughput access to the system. ONEAlliance is also built around off-the-shelf, easy to maintain, tried and true hardware, open architecture, and common industry standards. The systems allows for multiple points of failure without down-time, and gives the ability to swap out faulty hard drives, power supply, cooling units, and RAID controllers while on-line and without losing performance.
?ONEAlliance is the type of product that gives the functionality that customers have always wanted, but didnt think was possible, said Matthew Hoover, VP of Business Development for Tantus. ?While SANs have been a huge step up from NAS-based storage in so many applications, they have traditionally been hard to manage and use effectively. That is being changed in a big way.
?The technology behind ONEAlliance was developed for the general need of multiple users needing access to the same data, said Edward Borden, Tantus Corporations founder and President. ?While many competitors in this industry have tried to accomplish this through NAS-based solutions, it has been so limiting. When this new SAN technology is applied to the content creation industry, we can provide everyone from small post production houses, huge effects facilities, and broadcast empires huge leaps in improvements in their workflows while not even getting remotely close to the budget constraints of similar proprietary solutions on the market.
- Unlimited scalability - users, capacity, from DV to Uncompressed 1080i 10-bit HD
Efficient - ALL workstations/render nodes always have direct, simultaneous read/write access at the data block level to ALL of your storage (no waste!)
- Raw Performance - Disk Throughput increases as you add more storage - up to 4Gb/s per user!
- Expand On-the-Fly - Add more seats or storage without bringing down the system or touching your data.
- Data Protection - System can handle multiple instances of hardware failure without consequence - individual hard drives, whole arrays, power supplies, cooling modules are all hot-swappable and will not bring down the system.
- Compatible with your existing hardware - Use TCP/IP technology already available through your Ethernet connection, or add FibreChannel adapters.
- Affordable - This functionality starts at about $15K!
- Workflow Enhancements - Add automatic encoding features for instant offline editing, or have multiple editors working with each other on the same project at the same time, off of the same, unduplicated footage.
- Direct Remote Access - Edit from across the world, inhibited only by the bandwidth of your internet/WAN connection.
Advanced Security and Asset Management tools - control accessibility and organization.
For more information about Tantus Corporation and the ONEAlliance Storage Network, please contact a member of our sales staff at 1.877.826.8871 or visit our website at http://www.tantuscomputers.com.
About Tantus Corporation
Tantus manufactures, installs, and supports a complete range of custom, high-quality solutions for the Content Creation industry. From workstations for DV to HD video editing and compositing, 3D modeling and animation, and audio production, to turn-key solutions for render farm applications, shared storage workgroups, and broadcast delivery, automation, and asset management. Tantus leverages bleeding edge components, a talented team of experienced professionals, unprecedented workmanship, a solid backing from industry-leading partners, and the most responsive, comprehensive customer support available.
Please visit http://www.tantuscomputers.com for more information.
Related Keywords:Tantus, ONEAlliance, Storage, Tantus Corporation, ONEAlliance Shared Storage Workgroup, Storage Area Network, ingest, edit, playback, composite, color correct, HDV, DV, HD, render farms, broadcast servers, Fibre Channel, iSCSI, SAN, RAID, Matthew Hoover, Edward Borden,