|Page (1) of 1 - 02/28/12||email article||print page|
Tagged Announces Initial Changes to hi5Transitioning to a Social Discovery Network (February 28, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/28/12 -- Tagged (www.tagged.com), the social network for meeting new people, today announced it will be launching updates to hi5 in the coming days to evolve the social network into a thriving social discovery site.
In step with its rapid company growth, Tagged acquired hi5 in December 2011. In the coming days, Tagged will begin to transition hi5 into a social discovery destination, with the intent of restoring hi5 to its previous popularity. hi5, combined with Tagged, will become one of the best places to meet and socialize with new people through social games, advanced browsing features, shared interests and more.
Updates to hi5 will include:
- Profile: hi5 profiles will now have more customization control, including access to over 15,000 skins. Avatars and "fives" will be discontinued. To improve security for users, hi5 will no longer display private information such as email addresses, phone numbers, and IM usernames.
- Photos: Some photo settings will change, but the overall hi5 photo experience will be improved.
- Friends: hi5 users will keep their current hi5 friends and will have the ability to meet more friends through Tagged. hi5 Friend Circles will be discontinued.
- Coins: Unused hi5 coins will be automatically converted into Tagged gold.
- Games and Applications: There will be new social games on hi5. Current hi5 games and applications will be discontinued.
- Groups: Users will be able to create and join new groups. However, current hi5 groups will not be available.
- Toolbar: The hi5 toolbar will be discontinued.
- Languages: hi5 will now support the following languages: English, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Mexico), French, German, Italian, Portuguese (Brasil), Portuguese (Portugal), Dutch, Russian, Romanian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Japanese, Basa Jawa, Bahasa Melayu, Bengali, Marathi (Indian), Hindi (Indian), Punjabi (Indian), Thai, Turkish, and Hungarian.
"We have been very successful over the last few years in pivoting Tagged from a standard social network into a social discovery leader," said Steve Sarner, VP of Marketing at Tagged. "We are now applying the same principles to hi5. No longer will hi5 attempt to compete as a general social network, but rather it will offer a new, different and proven use case for meeting new people."
Tagged is the social network for meeting new people. While other offerings focus almost exclusively on existing relationships, Tagged has established the category of social discovery. Tagged is the largest social discovery network in the world with over 330 million members (combined with recently acquired hi5) in 220 countries. Tagged enables anyone to meet and socialize through social games, advanced browsing features, shared interests and more. Founded in 2004, Tagged is based in San Francisco. More information is available at http://about.tagged.com
Natron Communications for Tagged
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Tagged, Marketwire, unused, , Gold, Email, Other,