|Page (1) of 1 - 04/22/14||email article||print page|
TI brings leading Bluetooth Smart technology to automobiles for smartphone and wire-replacement applications
DALLAS, April 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today announced the SimpleLink Bluetooth low energy CC2541-Q1, a highly-integrated wireless microcontroller (MCU) that delivers low power, low cost, and simplified automotive connectivity to emerging smartphone-controlled and wire-replacement applications. The CC2541-Q1 leverages the success of TI's broad-market Bluetooth Smart solution (SimpleLink CC2541) and automotive connectivity offerings for combo Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GNSS (WiLink 8Q) and dual-mode Bluetooth (BL6450Q).
The CC2541-Q1 is targeted at an emerging market of new automotive features aimed at using Bluetooth Smart technology to make it easier for consumers to get information and control automotive systems. These new features include:
- Smartphone-controlled applications:
- Keyless entry using a Bluetooth Smart Ready smartphone or Bluetooth Smart key fob, either standalone or in conjunction with TI's leading car access solutions
- Lighting controls to deliver ambient, clustered and programmable LED lighting
- Diagnostic information to help users understand engine warning lights
- Services with iBeacon technology for fast discovery and easy pairing with in-car Bluetooth Smart technology
- Wire replacement, which reduces weight and cost, and in turn increases fuel economy in:
- Wireless infotainment controls in the steering wheel
- Low data rate systems for control, personalization settings and alerts via smartphone
- Bluetooth Smart remotes for rear seat entertainment systems
The SimpleLink CC2541-Q1 is based on TI's market leading CC2541 which is deployed today in a wide variety of applications spanning consumer, industrial, medical and home applications worldwide. The CC2541-Q1 is a complete solution with TI's BLE-Stack software and sample applications including over-the-air download support for in-field updates.
SimpleLink Bluetooth low energy CC2541-Q1 features and benefits
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Pricing and availability
The SimpleLink Bluetooth low energy CC2541-Q1 wireless MCU is sampling now and is expected to be available in volumes in 3Q 2014. To speed time to market of Bluetooth Smart automotive designs, CC2541 development kits can be used including the evaluation module kit, mini development kit and SensorTag development kit. For pricing information, please contact your local TI sales representative.
Texas Instruments drives automotive innovation
TI's state-of-the-art semiconductor products allow manufacturers and system suppliers to deliver world-class features to the automotive market. Our extensive automotive portfolio includes analog power management, interface and signal chain solutions, along with DLP displays, ADAS and infotainment processors, Hercules TMS570 safety microcontrollers and wireless connectivity solutions. TI offers SafeTI parts designed to facilitate OEMs' compliance with the requirements of ISO 26262, as well as parts specifically designated as compliant with the AEC-Q100 and TS16949 standards, all with excellent product documentation. Visit TI's Automotive page or TI E2E Behind the Wheel Blog to learn more about our commitment to automotive innovation.
Find out more about TI's automotive connectivity solutions
- WiLink 8Q automotive connectivity solution: www.ti.com/ep-con-lprf-cc2541q1-pr-lp-en
- TI's wireless connectivity solutions: www.ti.com/wirelessconnectivity
- ConnecTIng Wirelessly blog: www.ti.com/wiconnewsletter-pr
- Monthly wireless connectivity eNewsletter: www.ti.com/connectingwirelessly-pr
- TI car access solutions: http://www.ti.com/solution/car_access_system
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
DLP is a registered trademark and SimpleLink, WiLink, BLE-Stack, Hercules, SafeTI, and TI E2E are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Home, Displays, Digital Media Software, Communications, Smart Phone, Manufacturing, Sales, Applications, Suppliers, Manufacturing/Production, Manufacturing, Sales & Marketing, Business Issues, Management, Sales, Sales, Display, Prosumer/Consumer, Flash, Handheld PC/PDA, Communications Technology, Entertainment, Other,