|Page (1) of 1 - 08/15/05||email article||print page|
TANDBERG Television at IBC: HDTV & On-Demand RealityHighlights include fully integrated video compression systems for SD and HD (August 15, 2005)
TANDBERG Television will provide IBC visitors with a clear picture of the technologies that improve the quality, choice and economics of digital TV. The company will highlight developments in its first-to-market, fully integrated video compression systems for SD and HD. IBC will also see the debut of TANDBERG Televisions newly integrated N2 On-Demand Solutions with systems for broadcast and dynamic content management and delivery, as well as broadband cable and IPTV VoD.
?The world of TV is changing. The drive towards High Definition, IP delivery and on-demand viewing is altering the way that content is consumed, monetized and delivered, says Eric Cooney, CEO of TANDBERG Television. ?I believe that TANDBERG Television has created a unique portfolio of technology solutions that enables digital television providers to harness the potential of their networks. With our proven advanced solutions, operators can confidently launch new video services to give consumers improved quality, better value and enhanced choice and viewing experiences.
At IBC, TANDBERG Television will show how it has the tools and the experience to deliver groundbreaking solutions using the latest technologies. IBC 2005 highlights will include:
- Advanced encoding with industry leading performance for MPEG-4 AVC and VC-1 for standard definition and high definition throughout the broadcast chain from state-of-the-art HD newsgathering solutions to deployed SD IPTV and HD satellite DTH networks.
- IBC debut of N2 On-Demand Solutions showcasing the OpenStreamŽ Digital Services Platform - the industrys most advanced open VoD systems for cable and IPTV operators, and dynamic content management solutions.
- Ultra-low bit-rate MPEG-4 AVC HDTV slashing HDTV bandwidth to enable 6 HD channels alongside 6 SD channels on one statistical multiplexed satellite transponder.
- Expanded IPTV solutions with VC-1/MPEG-4 AVC video head-end for proven SD and HD delivery over DSL networks. Also featured will be new middleware, IP Streaming and nCompass management system for Telco TV.
- DVB-S2 satellite solutions for 30% MPEG-2 bandwidth improvements.
- New Director V5 control solution with smartcard-less conditional access for satellite contribution and distribution.
- Expanded end to end solutions for MPEG over IP Contribution & Distribution with robust PRO-MPEG Forward Error Correction.
- Complete digital cable system with IP distribution for cost-effective delivery across digital cable networks
About TANDBERG Television
TANDBERG Television (Oslo:TAT.OL) designs and develops professional systems that enable new business models in the media and entertainment market through the delivery of high quality live digital video and on-demand content. The company provides open standards-based technology solutions, systems integration, support and monitoring through its sales and 24-hour support operations in the Americas, Asia, Australia and Europe. TANDBERG Televisions customers include many of the major broadcasters, network operators, telephone companies, cable operators and content owners around the world.
For more information visit: http://www.tandbergtv.com
Related Keywords:TANDBERG, Television, IBC , video compression, broadcast , digital television, SD, HD, N2 On-Demand