|Page (1) of 1 - 12/05/11||email article||print page|
Symantec Mobile Security Assessment Suite Helps Enterprises Mitigate Risks Associated With Mobile Devices and Apps(December 05, 2011)
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/05/11 -- Symantec Corp. (NASDAQ: SYMC) today announced the Symantec Mobile Security Assessment Suite, a set of services that help enterprises evaluate their mobile security postures and develop defenses against mobile threats and vulnerabilities. Leveraging Symantec's extensive knowledge base and deep technical and operational skill sets, the Symantec Mobile Security Assessment Suite provides enterprises with strategic and tactical recommendations for the secure deployment of mobile devices and applications.
The exploding use of mobile devices and mobile applications within enterprises creates a unique set of challenges that must be addressed in order to ensure sensitive information accessed, stored and transmitted is properly protected. These challenges have left many organizations wondering how to manage the risks associated with these devices, transitioning them from simply consumer devices on the enterprise network to properly managed and protected endpoints.
"When it comes to implementing mobile technology, enterprises are being thrown into the fire," said Clint Sand, senior director of the Security Business Practice at Symantec. "Enterprises know that security is the main impediment for broader adoption of mobility, but with all the changes in operating systems and applications, IT managers are unclear on how to comprehensively address the security challenges. We want to help these organizations with an assessment of their security posture and make recommendations on the best ways to embrace BYOD."
Symantec Mobile Security Assessment Suite uses a solution oriented approach based on Symantec's exclusive Mobile Security Framework. It consists of two modules; one for holistic assessment of enterprise mobile security, and one specifically focused on mobile application security.
- Symantec Mobile Security Assessments evaluate the level of risk inherent in the enterprise use of mobile computing devices, such as the Apple iPhone, iPad, or Android phones and tablets. The assessments provide an understanding of present or anticipated exposure to information security risk likely to result from gaps within the information security programs, policies and processes, based on mobile device use cases and available security controls.
- Symantec Mobile App Security Assessments evaluate the security of an organization's custom mobile applications against best practice criteria for mobile application security. By simulating real-world device operating system and application-level attacks, the tests provide insight into the ability of an organization's mobile applications to resist attacks from unauthorized users and to help prevent misuse by valid users.
After completion of the assessments, Symantec delivers a written report which includes an executive summary, showing the high-level analysis and findings, a scorecard illustrating the organization's mobile security readiness, detailed findings and recommendations, and prioritized action plans for closing any gaps that may exist. Enterprises can use the final report to formalize their mobile strategies and deployment plans around mobile device management, mobile data loss prevention, mobile encryption, mobile anti-virus and mobile authentication.
The Symantec Mobile Security Assessment Suite is currently available. These services can be purchased directly from Symantec.
- Symantec Mobile Security Assessment Suite
- Symantec Mobile Solutions
- Podcast: A Holistic Approach to Mobile Security
- Research: A Window Into Mobile Device Security
Connect with Symantec
- Follow Symantec Endpoint Management and Mobility on Twitter
- Follow Symantec on Twitter
- Join Symantec on Facebook
- Read Industry Trends on Delicious
- View Symantec's SlideShare Channel
- Subscribe to Symantec News RSS Feed
- Visit Symantec Connect Business Community
Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at www.symantec.com.
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you would like additional information on Symantec Corporation and its products, please visit the Symantec News Room at www.symantec.com/news. Any prices noted are in U.S. dollars and are valid only in the United States.
Symantec and the Symantec Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Symantec Corporation or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS: Any forward-looking indication of plans for products and services are preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any future release of a product, service or planned modifications to product capability, functionality or features are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and may or may not be implemented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.
Symantec, security, management, services, mobile security, mobile management, smartphones, mobile devices, smart devices, consumerization of IT, mobile applications, penetration testing
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Symantec, security, management, services mobile security, mobile management, smartphones, mobile devices, Digital Media Software,Communications,Digital Audio,Smart Phone,iPods,iphone,iPad,USA,Marketwire, ,Apple Computer,Computer Science,Business,Other,