|Page (1) of 1 - 04/17/12||email article||print page|
Swift Transportation Selects Oracle Transportation ManagementLeading Logistics Provider Embraces a Best-in-Class Logistics Solution (April 17, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA and PHOENIX AZ -- (Marketwire) -- 04/17/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Swift Transportation Company of AZ, LLC has selected Oracle Transportation Management as the foundation for its Swift Logistics division. This system will support the company's expanding logistics service offering.
- Oracle Transportation Management will permit Swift Logistics to offer its customers value added solutions such as integrated and streamlined transportation planning and execution, as well as freight payment for multiple transportation modes on a single platform.
- Swift Logistics uses this solution, combined with the company's 40 years of transportation expertise, to deliver comprehensive and flexible logistics services to customers further expanding its footprint in the transportation management services industry.
- With the implementation of the new TMS, Swift Transportation will be better equipped to optimize transportation planning and execution while providing customers and carriers with transparency into each transaction, including the ability to transmit alerts to mobile devices.
- By developing this relationship, Swift Transportation continues to leverage technology and innovation to add value to its partners' supply chains through best-in-class solutions.
- "Oracle Transportation Management will provide a scalable and powerful foundation as we continue to build out our best in class logistics service offering," said Richard Stocking, President and COO, Swift Transportation. "The solution will help provide us with the ability to deliver new services that keep pace with evolving market needs, while helping our clients reduce transportation costs, improve service and increase asset utilization."
- "Organizations in today's logistics industry seek tools that enable them to distinguish themselves in an increasingly competitive and challenging market. Oracle Transportation Management helps forward-looking organizations like Swift Transportation to bring industry leading transportation management to its customer base, reducing transportation costs, providing order visibility and automating logistics processes," said Greg Smith, Director, Freight and Logistics, Industries Business Unit, Oracle.
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Transportation Management
- Oracle Solutions for Logistics Service Providers
- Swift Transportation
About Swift Transportation
Swift is based in Phoenix, Arizona. As of December 31, 2011, Swift operated a tractor fleet of approximately 15,900 units comprised of 11,900 tractors driven by company drivers and 4,000 owner-operator tractors, a fleet of 50,555 trailers, and 6,210 intermodal containers from 34 major terminals positioned near major freight centers and traffic lanes in the United States and Mexico. Swift offers customers the opportunity for "one-stop shopping" for their truckload transportation needs through a broad spectrum of services and equipment. Swift's extensive suite of services includes general, dedicated and cross-border U.S./Mexico/Canada service, temperature-controlled, flatbed and specialized trailers, in addition to rail intermodal and non-asset based freight brokerage and logistics management services, making it an attractive choice for a broad array of customers.
About Oracle Transportation Management
Oracle Transportation Management delivers robust transportation planning and execution capabilities to shippers and third party logistics providers. It integrates and streamlines transportation planning, execution, freight payment, and business process automation on a single application across all modes of transportation, from full truckload to complex multileg air, ocean, and rail shipments.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to automate and integrate complex business processes in the travel and transportation industries, helping speed time to market, increase profitability, reduce costs and ease compliance with regulations.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: customer, customers, business benefits, partners, Oracle, snapshot, video, roi, press release, Office Equipment, Applications, Productivity Applications, Hardware, Software Development, Other Applications, Tools, Management, USA, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Enterprise Applications, Management Services, Business, mexico, Other,