|Page (1) of 1 - 02/07/08||email article||print page|
Super Bowl XLII: Digital Artists Tackle Commercials with Autodesk Solutions(February 07, 2008)
“With a viewership of over 97 million people, this year’s Super Bowl commercials have exceeded expectations and delivered the inspired entertainment we look forward to year after year,” said Karim Salabi, Autodesk Media & Entertainment vice president of marketing. “Once again, leading post-production facilities relied on Autodesk solutions to deliver high-impact TV commercials, all within the strict deadlines of commercial post-production.”
Numerous post-production facilities worked on the creation of Super Bowl commercials with Autodesk solutions:
• Method Studios completed two Bridgestone Tires spots. The Autodesk Flame visual effects system was used on Unexpected Obstacles, while The Scream was completed with Autodesk Maya 3D animation, modeling and rendering software to mold, rig and animate seven animals.
• The Mill used the Autodesk Smoke editing and finishing system, Autodesk Mudbox brush-based modeling software, Flame and Maya to create a variety of commercials, including Coca-Cola’s It’s Mine (Mudbox, the nCloth functionality in Maya, Flame and Smoke), CareerBuilder.com’s Queen of Hearts (Flame and Maya), Diet Pepsi Max’s Nod (Flame), and Amp Energy’s Amp (Flame).
• Filmworkers Club used the Autodesk Inferno visual effects system, Smoke and Flame to create several spots, including Budweiser’s Clydesdale Team, Bud Light’s Breath Fire, Wheel, Fly and Endorsement, GoDaddy.com’s Spot On. Flame was also used for finishing work on Cars.com’s Witch Doctor, Stone Circle, and Brownie.
• Framestore NY used Maya for modeling, look development, animation and rendering of computer generated birds in FedEx's Carrier Pigeons, as well as Flame for compositing. Flame was also used for Tide to Go’s Interview, E*Trade’s Baby Trading 1 and 2 and Chase’s Secret Agent.
• Rhino VFX created a variety of spots using Flame and Maya, including Cadillac’s Live in It (Flame and Maya) which aired before kick off and after the Super Bowl, Dell’s Out with The Old (Flame and Maya), Prudential’s Rockpoints (Flame and Maya) and Ice Breaker’s Autograph (Flame).
• Ring of Fire used Flame and Maya for T-Mobile’s Dwayne Wins and Flame for Cars.com’s Witch Doctor and Amp Energy’s Camel.
• a52 used Flame to shape CareerBuilder.com’s Self-Help Yourself and Self-Help You which aired during ESPN’s SportsCenter immediately following the conclusion of the Super Bowl.
• RIOT used Flame and Inferno to create Bud Light’s Wine and Cheese Party and Dell’s Slap.
• Radium shaped Toyota’s Trike Race using Inferno.
• Semerad Post Production used Inferno and Flame to complete Ice Breaker’s Autograph, AT&T’s Trip and NY Lotto’s Everyone.
Autodesk, Inc. is the world leader in 2D and model-based design software solutions for the manufacturing, infrastructure, building, and media and entertainment fields. Since its introduction of AutoCAD in 1982, Autodesk has helped customers experience their ideas before they are real. Fortune 1000 companies turn to Autodesk for the power to visualize, analyze and simulate real-world performance, and foster innovation. For additional information about Autodesk, visit www.autodesk.com.
Autodesk, AutoCAD, Flame, Inferno, Maya, Mudbox and Smoke are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc./Autodesk Canada Co., in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk reserves the right to alter product offerings and specifications at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.
© 2008 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
Related Keywords:Super Bowl XLII: Digital Artists Tackle Commercials with Autodesk Solutions
To Comment on This Article, Click HERE
Most Recent Reader Comments:
Click Here To Read All Posts
Must be Registered to Respond (Free Registration!!!, CLICK HERE)
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved