|Page (1) of 1 - 12/06/11||email article||print page|
StumbleUpon Relaunches to Make Exploring the Web Easier Than EverThe New StumbleUpon Delivers a Rich Stumbling Experience Allowing Users to Easily Discover and Share Content and Follow Celebrities, Brands and Sites (December 06, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/06/11 -- StumbleUpon, the easiest way to explore new and interesting things from across the Web, today unveiled a complete relaunch, including a revamped website, a full company rebrand, an enhanced Web bar (now called the StumbleBar) and new ways to explore with the addition of fresh content and features.
With the relaunch, the more than 20 million StumbleUpon users will experience a more visual and streamlined site design enabling them to discover and share more great content. In addition, the Explore Box, which allows for keyword stumbling, will be integrated throughout the site and into the StumbleBar. Finally, users will now be able to discover content recommended by more than 250 different brands, sites and celebrities by following verified Channels.
"Discovery is becoming a bigger part of how people spend their time online," said Garrett Camp, StumbleUpon CEO and cofounder. "The new StumbleUpon makes it easier than ever to discover new and interesting things from across the web."
Beginning today, StumbleUpon users will see several enhancements that provide a more immersive discovery experience, including:
- New StumbleBar: Included at the top of the webpage, the StumbleBar streamlines the stumbling experience by allowing users to more easily discover and share new stuff via email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and StumbleUpon.
- Explore Box: The ability to stumble via keywords is now integrated directly into the StumbleBar, enabling users to explore whatever they're interested in, whenever they're interested. In addition, this feature will be available throughout the site, enabling users to find other Interests and Channels to follow.
- Channels: A new way to integrate content from brands, celebrities and sites directly into a users stumbling experience. StumbleUpon already has more than 250 Channel partners on board, including AOL, Audi, Funny or Die, GE, History Channel, Paula Deen and Morgans Hotel Group that users can elect to "follow." By creating a Channel, partners can grow their audience and more deeply engage with the StumbleUpon community.
"We're big believers in 'discovery' as the dominant way that people now find content, and we're excited to be sharing our favorite technology and innovations with the StumbleUpon universe, which is one of biggest ways to discover on the Web today," said Linda Boff, executive director, global digital marketing, GE.
"We are focused on building an Audi community in the places where our fans interact and share with one another," says Audi of America Chief Marketing Officer Scott Keogh. "The prospect of someone literally Stumbling onto an Audi image, video, or news story that resonates on a personal level is truly remarkable. We love to see lifelong fans or even casual Audi enthusiasts expressing their natural passion for the brand in the spaces where they connect and share lives with one another."
- Streamlined site design: From the new home page through the updated profile page, users will experience a more visually rich, streamlined experience that makes it easier to find and share new and interesting things.
- Brand experience: The new StumbleUpon includes a revamped logo, tagline ("Explore more.") and color scheme -- all of which reflect the spirit of StumbleUpon's brand personality and desire to entertain, inform and surprise Stumblers with every click.
Over the coming weeks, current StumbleUpon users will be able to toggle between the new and old versions of the product.
StumbleUpon is the easiest way to discover new and interesting things from across the Web. More than 20 million users turn to StumbleUpon to be informed, entertained and surprised by content and information recommended just for them. In addition, more than 60,000 brands, publishers and other marketers have used StumbleUpon's Paid Discovery platform to promote their products and services. For more information, visit www.StumbleUpon.com. Explore more.
Press contact info:
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: StumbleUpon, Marketwire, , Internet Technology, Email, Other,