|Page (1) of 1 - 02/27/12||email article||print page|
StumbleUpon Launches Updated App for AndroidAndroid to Feature StumbleUpon at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona (February 27, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/27/12 -- StumbleUpon, the easiest way to explore new and interesting things from across the Web, today announced a new version of its Android application to support Android 4.0t devices and a deeper integration into Google+. StumbleUpon's new release includes easy content sharing through Android Beam, which allows simple sharing between two NFC-enabled devices running Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS), and convenient app availability in the native ICS Action Bar and on the device home screen. In addition, StumbleUpon users can easily share content to Google+ and also create a StumbleUpon account using their Google sign-in credentials. StumbleUpon will be featured at the Android stand at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain from February 27 - March 1.
StumbleUpon also released updated apps for iPhone and iPad, NOOK Color and Kindle Fire. This new release includes the consistent look and feel of the recently redesigned StumbleUpon and support for Channels to help brands, sites and celebrities be easily discovered by the StumbleUpon community.
"We are excited to work with Android and showcase our updated mobile app more prominently on the Android platform," said Garrett Camp, co-founder and CEO, StumbleUpon. "This integration will let many more people find new and interesting things from across the Web on their Android devices."
Working with Android, the StumbleUpon update includes the following components:
- Android Beam (NFC): Users of the StumbleUpon app for Android can now share any content they discover on StumbleUpon to other NFC-enabled devices running Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich. This will make sharing content discovered through StumbleUpon seamless and fun.
- Action Bar: The StumbleUpon app will now feature the native Android Action Bar, enabling users to explore the Web via the familiar Android navigation interface.
- Resizable Widget on device home screen: The StumbleUpon app for Android will now be accessible directly from the device home screen. Users will be able to preview StumbleUpon-recommended content directly from the home screen of their device without having to launch the StumbleUpon app.
- Sharing to Google+: The StumbleUpon app for Android will now include a sharing button to Google+. In addition to sharing to Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon and email, Stumblers can now easily share content they discover through StumbleUpon with their connections on Google+.
- Sign in with Google: With the new app, users will be able to sign in to StumbleUpon through a Google log-in with any mobile device and on the desktop.
The latest StumbleUpon App for Android is available now in Android Market.
StumbleUpon is the easiest way to discover new and interesting things from across the Web. More than 20 million people turn to StumbleUpon to be informed, entertained and surprised by content and information recommended just for them. In addition, more than 75,000 brands, publishers and other marketers have used StumbleUpon's Paid Discovery platform to tell their stories and promote their products and services. Explore more.
Android, Google+, Android Bean and Android Market and trademarks of Google Inc.
Press contact info:
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: StumbleUpon, Google, Google+, Android, application, app, Mobile World Congress, MWC, Garrett Camp , Spain, Marketwire, Inc., , Apple Computer, Internet Technology, Email, Other,