|Page (1) of 1 - 04/25/12||email article||print page|
Striiv Launches Smart Pedometer With Activity Motivation System, Available Nationwide at Best BuyStriiv's Smart Pedometer Learns Behavior and Gets People Walking a Lot More (April 25, 2012)
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/25/12 -- Today, Striiv launches its Smart Pedometer with Activity Motivation System. The small, touchscreen fitness device accurately tracks steps and motivates its users to walk more throughout the day. Striiv's Smart Pedometer will be available at nearly 600 Best Buy stores across the country by April 29. It is available today at BestBuy.com.
With every step, Striiv learns user behavior and develops personal challenges and goals motivating them to add thousands of steps within each day: to walk more, to take the stairs more often, and to transform their health by walking. Striiv's Smart Pedometer also launches with Striiv Connected, a new, built-in social component that lets users compete in activity-based challenges with friends and family. Striiv users can even race for real life prizes, like household chores or a cup of coffee.
"Striiv isn't just for athletes or data-driven early adopters. It's for everyday, busy people who also want to get fit, give back, and have fun. Striiv is fitness for the rest of us," said David Wang, CEO and co-founder of Striiv. "Research shows getting fit doesn't require a gym or a crazy routine. It's about seizing dozens of opportunities throughout the day to move more and then enjoying the countless benefits of a more active and healthy life."
The Striiv Smart Pedometer is a small, convenient device that is always on and fits into any budget or outfit, accurately tracking steps, distance, calories, stairs and minutes of activity throughout the day. A key feature that sets Striiv apart is its patented Activity Motivation System. Striiv learns a user's behavior and then encourages activity via personalized challenges and goals, games, and donation opportunities -- all powered by walking. The suite of new motivational features that are included with the Striiv Smart Pedometer are:
- Ready, Set, Race! - Step or stair-based competitions let people bet energy or real life prizes. Once the stakes are established, choose to walk together or separately and Striiv keeps track of who reaches the finish line first. New Striiv characters (Waddles, Sir Bacon and Walkatron) also provide racing opponents. The more difficult the opponents and the longer the races, the more energy that can be won!
- Social Milestones - Beating friends' or family members' stats (like daily average and personal record for steps, stairs or minutes of activity) earns bonus points and a trophy for that day. Social milestones are part of Striiv's positive reinforcement focused Motivation System.
- Myland Expansion Pack - Myland, the addictive, Farmville-like, energy-based game adds new characters, plants, and structures. People can also spend energy points on Mystery Boxes, which are treasure boxes that contain exciting (or not so exciting) prizes.
- More Reasons to Sync - Each time Striiv is connected to a computer, the latest activity information is stored, and people get a daily prize, such as a free Mystery Box to use in Myland! Syncing lets people record steps, stairs, calories burned and donations made, so they can keep track of progress.
Striiv motivates everyday people juggling family and work to take control of their health by tapping into the single most accessible activity most people can do to lose weight, prevent heart disease, diabetes, stroke and more: walking. Whether walking to lunch or up the stairs, Striiv transforms any activity into an opportunity to get fit, give back, and have fun -- making it a healthy addiction that early numbers have proven. On average, Striiv users are:
- Walking nearly 90 minutes per day
- Logging 3 miles per day
- Averaging 12 flights of stairs every day
- Even after 12 weeks, the majority of users check in on their Striiv every day, monitoring their activity dozens of times
"There has been a surge in interest in mobile health devices and Best Buy is committed to meeting that demand by carrying innovative products like Striiv," said Alan Smith, senior merchant for Health & Fitness at Best Buy. "Striiv is especially important because it has the potential to positively affect the wellbeing of the average person who just needs a little motivation. We're proud to carry Striiv on our shelves across the country to help make a positive impact on the country's overall health and wellbeing."
The Striiv Smart Pedometer is $99.95 and is now available on BestBuy.com and will be in Best Buy stores by April 29. It is currently available on HSN, HSN.com, Amazon, and striiv.com.
About the Company:
Based in Redwood City, Striiv is comprised of a team of world-class game designers, artists, and cutting-edge technologists. Founded in 2010, the company is focused on integrating seamless gaming mechanics across everyday life activities and experiences, especially those that need an infusion of fun to motivate and inspire, like exercise. Striiv aims to start a movement around movement by making activity an integrated part of everyday life.
For Media Assets: http://www.striiv.com/aboutus/press/
For Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9veALcUtg0M
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Striiv, Marketwire, , Disease, Surgery, Family, Technologists,