|Page (1) of 1 - 09/21/05||email article||print page|
Streamload Introduces Streamload MediaMaxOnline media center helps users manage their entire media collection in one central location (September 21, 2005)
Streamload, a leading provider of online digital media services, today officially launched Streamload MediaMax at DEMOfall, the annual conference that focuses on emerging technologies and new products. Streamload MediaMax, the worlds largest online media center, helps consumers centrally store, organize, access, and share their entire media collection. For the first time, people have the freedom and tools to share their home videos and photos in full-quality original formats and also access their music, TV shows and movie recordings remotely via the Internet.
?For many technology users, the risk of digital chaos is rapidly escalating and threatening to overwhelm their ability to manage it all -- especially for those digital media consumers and mobile users who use many different types of files, devices and connectivity technologies, said Chris Shipley, executive producer of the DEMO Conferences. Streamload is uniquely positioned to help mainstream consumers avoid digital chaos by unifying and organizing all of their digital content and to find, access, and share their own content when and where they want it.
Featuring the first full-quality home video sharing service of its kind, the Video Share service within MediaMax is a new service that enables easy, secure, one-click sharing and remote access from any internet-connected device. It brings the ease and familiarity of photo-sharing to the world of regular and high-definition video. With Video Share, users can build video albums, scan their videos via automatically created video thumbnails, and send full-quality video files (including high-definition video) as easily as they send email.
?We are excited to offer the first full-quality video sharing service that allows customers to fulfill the promise of their digital camcorders by enabling them to share their video creations with friends and family over the Internet, said Steve Iverson, founder, president and CEO of Streamload.
Video Share offers these exciting features and benefits:
* Eliminates the need to buy additional hardware by providing 250 GB of online storage space for home videos so people can securely and privately store their most precious moments.
* Makes personal media mobile: Its easy to move files to any internet-connected device, on-demand.
* Works anytime and anywhere: Now anyone can store their movies and other digital media in one place that is accessible from anywhere and view them anytime from any internet-connected TV, PC, or Personal Media Center device.
* Sharing dynamic life experiences is now as easy as a click of a button: anyone can send and receive full-quality video as easily as they send email.
* Enhances existing devices and services: It makes Windows Media Center and PMC devices better by allowing users to easily access their collections while avoiding storage capacity constraints.
Benefits of Streamload MediaMax include:
* Limitation-free sending of large files or large amounts of files
* Never clog up email accounts
* No file size is too large to send via web mail
* Unlimited online storage
* Stores any file type of any size
* Trouble-free uploading and downloading of large files
* Uploading and downloading can be paused and resumed for convenience
* Headache-free service reliability
* 24/7 access from anywhere, anytime
* 24-hour customer support
MediaMax is an evolution of Streamloads original internet service with a brand new, easier-to-use interface along with enhanced features and powerful tools to provide even the most novice users the opportunity to better enjoy and manage their entire digital media collection. From better digital photo management to enhanced uploading capabilities, additional new features include:
* One-click photo sharing
* Remote access streaming of audio and video files
* Address book
* Tagging attach keywords to content and use them to create links/connections between different types of media
* Server-side transcoding automatic file format conversions
?Although some first generation online services have attempted to help consumers organize their digital files, thus far they have been focused only on a specific area, such as photo sharing and printing services, or have been hampered by limitations such as the cost of storage or the limited size of files that they can handle, said Kurt Scherf, Parks Associates. ?Streamload MediaMax is optimized by its ability to support a wide variety of end-users content and addressing consumers concerns for organizing, accessing, as well as sharing. ?
Streamload MediaMax finally addresses peoples desires to share their full-quality home videos with their friends and families in the same way thats become so popular with photo sharing. We believe that mainstream users and power users alike want a single reliable online service that can seamlessly handle all of their digital data easily without steep learning curves, added Iverson, ?For those who are frustrated by current email limitations, concerned about the ever-shrinking storage space of their hard drive or are craving a hassle-free way to organize their personal digital libraries, MediaMax is Streamloads answer to everyones digital media woes.
Pricing and Availability
Streamload MediaMax is platform-independent. The company offers a free user account to subscribers with limited functionality. An upgraded Premium account gives subscribers access to the full-suite of services including Video Share, Photo Share, Music Locker, TV and Movie Locker, and File Manager for $9.95/mo. (when paid annually) or $14.95/mo. (when paid monthly.)
About DEMOfall 2005
The annual DEMO conferences focus on emerging technologies and new products, which are hand-selected from across the spectrum of the technology marketplace. The DEMO conferences have earned their reputation for consistently identifying tomorrow's cutting-edge technologies, and have served as launch pad events for companies such as Palm, E*Trade, Handspring and U.S. Robotics, helping them secure venture funding, establish critical business relationships and influence early adopters. Each DEMO conference features approximately 70 new companies, products and technologies.
For more information on the DEMO conferences, visit http://www.demo.com.
Streamload is a leading provider of online digital media services. The company was founded in June 1998 by an innovative group of software engineers who had the foresight to see that existing technologies offered too little capacity and speed to send, receive or access large files easily. The service first launched online in April 2000 and now has more than 3.5 million users around the world. Streamload is a privately-held company headquartered in San Diego.
For more information, visit http://mediamax.streamload.com.
Related Keywords:Streamload, MediaMax, media center, storage, online storage,