|Page (1) of 1 - 11/20/01||email article||print page|
Streaming Media East 2001 Conference Program To Address Enterprise-Focused Streaming SectorIn-Depth Analysis, Discussions and Case Studies (November 20, 2001)
Featuring four days of enterprise-focused Conferences, Streaming Media East (http://www.streamingmedia.com/east) is the place for business and technology professionals to meet and discover the latest advancements in streaming and digital media, meet peers, build new relationships and conduct business. The Conference offerings are divided into the following 4 tracks:
The Enterprise Track is a series of sessions dedicated to streaming in the corporate environment. Attendees will hear real-world case studies and examples of Fortune 1000 companies streaming on their intranets and best practice tips from expert analysts and consultants.
- Insider Q&A Session
This insider Q&A session will give attendees the chance to ask questions of and get advice from individuals inside Fortune 1000 organizations that have implemented their own streaming applications to improve communications and training, cut costs, and achieve a sustainable ROI.
- Developing an Enterprise Streaming Strategy
This session will address the key concerns to consider when developing a corporate streaming strategy as well as how companies can start streaming today, laying the foundation for tomorrow. Featuring executives from SYMBANT, Virage, Microsoft Corp. and Morgan Stanley Dean Witter.
The Media and Entertainment Track is focused on the streaming and downloading of digital media and entertainment. Sessions will cover issues such as Intellectual Property Rights, the use of streaming in the broadcasting and film worlds, and the latest opportunities and ventures available for on- and offline content providers.
- The Sports/Technology Axis: How Do You Convert Passion into $$$???
A vibrant roundtable discussion with some of today's leading sports visionaries to explore potential business models; the profitability factor; fan conversion, technological feasibility and cross-platform licensing agreements across the sports world. Speakers represent the leading professional sports properties, and include top-level representatives from National Football League, NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises (NHL ICE) and MLB Advanced Media.
- Synergistic Content - Best Practices for Leveraging
Complementary On- and Offline Properties. Many media and entertainment companies are now looking at putting existing music, film and video assets online to test the digital media waters as a complementary distribution channel. Speakers are true media industry heavyweights, including Context Media, ABCNEWS.com, eMedia products, Cablevision, BBC America, C-SPAN and MSNBC.com
The Industry Insider Track will bring together key business leaders and decision-makers to discuss the most pertinent issues in the industry. Panel discussions will examine latest trends and developments, predict new growth opportunities and dispel widespread myths and rumors.
- The Eagle is Streaming - The Latest in Government Streaming Applications
Attendees will learn about the interesting ways that the government is utilizing and enhancing streaming and digital media technologies for content archiving, training, communications and surveillance purposes.
- Anatomy of a Live Webcast - The Players, the Numbers and the ROI
Expert panelists bring a wide range of experience to suggest the best practices for delivering a live Internet webcast; from considerations for event types through event production costs and ROI.
- Maximizing Corporate Training Initiatives with Streaming. Analysts report that the greatest uptake in streaming today is in e-learning and corporate training. This session will examine the best practices, and the pitfalls, found by companies currently using streaming educational and training tools.
The Tools & Technology Track is designed to focus on technological developments and issues facing organizations today, and will provide tools to address them. CTOs, IT Managers, developers and producers will examine and discuss streaming applications and solutions on topics ranging from Media Asset Management to Streaming Media Ad Insertion.
- For the Enterprise CTO - Implementing and Managing Corporate Streaming Applications. This session will examine some of the basics of setting up and managing a streaming network, from staffing needs and equipment acquisition, to asset management and storage. Speakers include top executives from Virage; and Digital Pipe.
- Digital Rights Management Technology - Watermarking, Copyrights and Security Solutions. This session will examine the various technologies available to securely deliver audio and video content. Speakers include top-level representatives from ContentGuard, RealNetworks, IBM Global Media & Entertainment Industry, Content Distribution, enScaler and RioPort, Inc.
In addition, there are three co-located forums and two beginner's seminars being held during Streaming Media East: the Digital Entertainment Box Forum New York, Streaming Beyond the PC Forum, Windows Media (TM) Technical Summit, Beginner's Business Seminar and Beginner's Technical Seminar.
Streaming Media, Inc., a subsidiary of Penton Media, Inc., is a diversified, international media company committed to serving and educating the streaming media industry. Founded in 1998, the San Francisco-based company consists of three main facets: Streaming Media Conventions, streamingmedia.com and the Streaming Media Research and Data Analysis Reports. Streaming Media, Inc. is dedicated to providing industry professionals with the latest news, resources and services through editorial, discussion lists, feature articles, and much more. For more information, visit http://www.streamingmedia.com/
Related Keywords:Streaming Media East
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved