|Page (1) of 1 - 05/18/12||email article||print page|
Storm8 Wins San Francisco Business Times Technology and Innovation AwardMobile Social Gaming Pioneer Selected as Best Gaming / Entertainment Company (May 18, 2012)
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/18/12 -- Storm8, the mobile social gaming leader, announced today it has won the Best Gaming & Entertainment category in the San Francisco Business Times Technology and Innovation Award.
"When we started Storm8, social mobile gaming hardly existed. We had to make the rules as we went. The growth we've seen in just three years is a real testament to the talent and dedication of our team," said Perry Tam, CEO of Storm8. "We take a lot of pride in creating a fun, collaborative work culture, and it shows in our team's ability to create high-quality games that people around the world want to play."
Founded in 2009, Storm8 and its TeamLava brand quickly created one of the world's most popular catalogs of free-to-play mobile games, which consistently race to the top of the mobile platform rankings. Completely bootstrapped, Storm8 impressed judges by amassing more than 100 million users and surpassing 300 million downloads, along with the following milestones:
- Created 10 of the top-100 grossing apps on iOS in 2011*
- Profitable within its second month
- Reached the number-one spot on Apple's Top Free Chart with five separate titles
- Selected as initial launch partner by Amazon for its In-App Purchases beta; held 4 of the 5 spots for most popular free apps on the Amazon Appstore for Android
- Participated in launch of In-App Purchasing on Google Play; held multiple spots on Top 50 Grossing Chart on Google Play
- Worked closely with Facebook as one of the first developers to launch games in HTML5 on Facebook's mobile apps and mobile site
About Storm8, Inc.
Storm8, Inc., is the leading developer of social games for iPhone and Android, with more than 300 million total installs to date. It offers games under its own brand as well as the brand of TeamLava, an innovative studio brand owned by Storm8. Storm8's network of highly successful games includes Pet Shop Story, World War, Vampires Live, Bakery Story, Restaurant Story, and Zoo Story. Storm8, Inc., is located in Redwood City, California. For more information, please visit www.storm8.com and www.teamlava.com.
Storm8, TeamLava and the Storm8 network games are trademarks of Storm8 and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
* iTunes Rewind 2011: http://www.itunes.com/itunesrewind
LEWIS PR for Storm8
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Storm8, Communications, Digital Audio, Web, iPods, iphone, Search, Google, Marketwire, Inc., , Apple Computer, Game Technology, Business, Entertainment, Other,