|Page (1) of 1 - 04/17/02||email article||print page|
Stitcher 3.5 AnnouncedNew version gets automatic lens correction
Version 3.5 adds several new features over previous releases, as well as overall speed and workflow improvements. Among these is the ability to correct for lens distortion automatically, tough users can still manually specify the types of lenses used to capture the individual images.
Other new features include:
- Forced Stitch, which allows users to stitch an image in the exact position required when insufficient image details are available.
- Render Area Tool for cropping final renderings.
- Enhanced Horizon Definition for fixing waviness in cylindrical panoramas.
- Hotspot Tool for creating QuickTime hotspots directly within Stitcher.
- Artifact Removal Tool.
- Flat Stitch, which allows users to assemble images of a flat object while still taking advantage of the stitching engine?s auto-positioning function.
RealViz Stitcher will be available in May for Mac OS 9 and OS X and Windows for $499. Upgrades from Stitcher 3.1 purchased prior to April 5 will be able for $199. Upgrades for those who purchased Stitcher after April 5 will be free. For more information, visit http://www.realviz.com.
Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Stitcher 3.5 Announced