|Page (1) of 1 - 05/28/03||email article||print page|
Steinberg To Ship Nuendo 2.0 Next WeekLatest release gets 200 new features
Nuendo 2.0 is designed as a "complete media production system." Steinberg, which was purchased by Pinnacle Systems earlier this year, says it's implemented 200 new features in the latest release, in the categories of mixing, editing, plugins, recording/playback, MIDI and file formats. Some of the new features include:
- Multichannel architecture through the entire signal path;
- Support for all standard surround formats such as LCRS, 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1;
- Plugin delay compensation;
- Patch editor for routing plugin channels in surround channels;
- Surround Panner in channel sends;
- Unlimited VSTi, group and Rewire 2 channels;
- Configurable Mixer;
- Eight Insert slots per channel;
- MIDI channels available in the mixer;
- New automation modes;
- VST 2.3 support with improved I/O routing of plugins;
- Support for new file formats, including Wave64 for files larger than 2 GB, as well as various import and export formats;
- Record files can include up to 12 channels;
- Online recording;
- New record modes;
- Project scrubbing and shuttling;
- Unlimited undo/redo;
- Real-time non-destructive crossfades;
- Enhanced crossfade editor;
- Drag and drop regions from the sample editor to the Project window;
- Multiple timelines showing various formats;
- Key command enhancements, including the ability to toggle between alternate key command sets;
- Configurable track controls;
- Multiple VST plugin directories.
New and enhanced plugins for Nuendo 2.0 include Datube, Rotary, Vocoder, StepFilter, Bitcrusher, Ringmodulator, MIDI Gate, SPL DeEsser, QuadraFuzz, Q, Denoiser, Declicker, Apogee UV22 HR, Mix 8 to 2, Multidither and Surroundscope. The software also includes integrated waveshell support for Waves plugins.
For MIDI, the new version gains several new features as well. These include:
- Drum Editor;
- Logical Editor;
- Score Editor;
- Score layout and printing;
- MIDI Device Manager;
- Multiple controller lanes in MIDI editors;
- MIDI step recording.
It also includes the following MIDI plugins: Arpache5, Autopan, Chorder, Compress, Control, Density, MicroTuner, MidiEcho, Note2CC, Quantizer, StepDesigner, TrackControl, TrackFX and Transformer.
Complete documentation of the new features is available on Steinberg's Web site. Nuendo is still listed as a preorder on Steinberg's online store, selling for $1,499.99. Nuendo 2.0 supports Mac OS X and Windows. For more information, visit http://www.us.steinberg.net/Products/Nuendo.htm.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Steinberg To Ship Nuendo 2.0 Next Week