|Page (1) of 1 - 06/17/03||email article||print page|
Steinberg Ships XphrazeVST-based phrase synthesizer supports Mac OS X
Xphraze functions as a VST instrument and is designed to allow users to create rhythmically phrased music quickly with a few clicks. Xphraze then synchronizes the phrase generator, envelopes and LFOs to the music. Features include:
- Four-way multi-timbral polyphonic phrase synthesizer;
- Four phrase oscillators (32 cells) with individual notes, amp section and multimode filter;
- Modulation morph matrix for each patch with 24 sources and 16 lines;
- Phrase playback variable for each patch;
- Adjustable stereo insert effect for each patch;
- Four Master effects;
- 32-bit floating point resolution, 192 kHz sample rate, up to 1,024 voices;
- Four assignable stereo outputs with automated vector synthesis;
- Onscreen keyboard with wheels;
- Multi-sample import;
- Vector synthesis;
- Eight stereo effect sections.
Xphraze also includes a Wizoo sound and phrase library with "hundreds" of patches and phrases. It supports Mac OS 9, Mac OS X and Windows and is available for $249.99. For more information, visit http://www.steinbergusa.net.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Keywords:Steinberg Ships Xphraze
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved