|Page (1) of 1 - 03/09/10||email article||print page|
Springpad Launches iPhone App and New Features to Save Anything From AnywhereFree Web Application Allows Users to Save, Store and Access Information on the Web or on the Go (March 09, 2010)
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/09/10 -- Springpad, the free Web application that helps users save and access anything they want to remember, today launched new site features and an iPhone app to make it even easier to capture ideas and information from anywhere at anytime. Springpad saves users time and money by automatically organizing and enhancing their stored information with helpful links and offers.
"In today's busy world, you come across a lot of great ideas when you're not necessarily looking for them, so how can you remember all that you find useful and interesting?" said Jeff Janer, CEO of Springpad. "Whether it's the wine you had at dinner last night, a recipe you come across while browsing the Web, a book a friend mentions on Facebook or just an idea you don't want to forget, Springpad makes it easy to save no matter where you are, and it automatically organizes and enhances the information to help you out when you're ready to take action."
Springpad's iPhone app and new features are optimized to easily capture the things people typically want to remember:
- Scan product barcodes, add restaurants using the iPhone's geo-locater, take photos of interesting things when out and about and quickly add notes. It's easy for users to save what they want and come back to it later.
On the Web:
- Springpad clipper - The new Web clipper allows users to save what interests them without leaving the Web page they are viewing. Quickly save notes and bookmarks, along with specific products, places, recipes, and media from popular sites like Amazon, Yelp, Netflix and Food Network to any other Web site or blog.
- Quick-add bar - By searching across many integrated Web services, Springpad's quick-add bar lets users find, save and automatically categorize what's important to them.
- Enhancements - Springpad automatically optimizes what people save by adding directions, reviews, showtimes, menus, price comparisons and links to make purchases and reservations.
- Sharing - Users can choose to make anything they save public and easily shareable with friends and family through Facebook, Twitter or email.
- Users have a personalized email address to send thoughts, itineraries, confirmation numbers and other notes to their Springpad accounts to save and access later.
"The beauty of Springpad is that it functions less like a junk drawer where important items can get lost, but more like a personal assistant that keeps you organized and productive," said Janer. "Never forget anything of interest to you, like gift ideas for Mother's Day or things to do on a trip to Florida; just save it into Springpad and it will be there for any event, for any use, from any location."
For more information about Springpad, visit http://springpadit.com.
Springpad is a free Web application that helps people quickly save, access and share anything they want to remember and easily access it from anywhere. Springpad was developed by Spring Partners, a software company dedicated to harnessing the power of the Web to help simplify people's lives. Headquartered in Boston, the company was founded in 2008 and is venture backed.
Phone: (617) 512-2589
Phone: (617) 779-1834
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: springpad, iphone app, organization, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Restaurants, Internet Technology, Email, Family, Other,