|Page (1) of 1 - 10/12/11||email article||print page|
SportsPicker Delivers the Most Innovative Non-Wager Sports Competition App for Facebook(October 12, 2011)
Boca Raton, FL (PRWEB) October 12, 2011
OHK Labs announces the release of SportsPicker today, a whole new take on social gaming. With its combination of a simple interface for picking the winners of sports games and the power and ubiquity of the Facebook platform, SportsPicker delivers a fun and challenging social game revolving around professional and collegiate sports.
A significantly different concept from fantasy sports and online sports betting, SportsPicker takes the best of both including social competition and odds-based selections to create an entirely new and exciting way to enjoy sports. Users simply make their picks for each game, then check their standings against their Facebook friends who are also playing. Points are rewarded on a seven-point scale, with the underdog valued at up to six points and the favorite as low as one point. This enables a weighted odds system which rewards underdog picks. Additionally, SportsPicker is free (ad-supported), so there is no barrier to entry for players and their friends.
"SportsPicker is a great new way to compete with friends by selecting the winners of sporting events," said Oren Kantor, OHK Labs CEO. "We all remember watching some of the greatest upsets of all time and bragging to our friends when we picked the underdog. Now, SportsPicker delivers that gaming experience in a simple and dynamic way."
SportsPicker, now available to all Facebook users, can be found at http://apps.facebook.com/sportspicker. There is no charge to play, and anyone with a Facebook account can get started immediately.
Key features of SportsPicker include:
- Innovative points-based system rewards players for picking underdogs over favorites
- Support for nearly all popular professional and collegiate sports, including NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, NCAA Football and NCAA Basketball
- Built on the Facebook platform, SportsPicker keeps track of a player's point totals and automatically builds a leader board to compare friends' point totals
- A simple one-click method for choosing a winner of each individual game. Players can select picks for every available game in a matter of seconds
- Free, ad-based revenue model means that users can play at no charge, increasing the size of a player's competition pool
- SportsPicker's safe, non-wagering system, provides a risk-free method of picking the winners of sporting events
- SportsPicker allows people to pick teams to win, an important distinction from traditional fantasy games, which center around individual players
With the proliferation of fantasy sports and online wagering, we thought it would be great to take the best of both systems and roll them into one fun, safe, engaging game, adds Kantor. We think we have a real winner in SportsPicker, and we're very excited to be able to offer it to players free of charge.
SportsPicker is the only game of its kind available on the Facebook platform, currently estimated to contain over 750 million subscribers worldwide. While the sports available are currently North America-centric, plans are already underway to add international sports.
For more information about SportsPicker visit http://www.sportspickerapp.com and download the press kit from http://www.sportspickerapp.com/SportsPicker_Press_Kit.zip
About OHK Labs:
OHK Labs is a Florida-based developer of mobile gaming applications, founded by Oren Kantor in 2011. SportsPicker, its first game, is available on the Facebook platform and will be available for iPhone and Android platforms later this year.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/10/prweb8870785.htm.
Related Keywords:consumer goods, consumer issue, consumer confidence, consumer issue, American football, (US) National Football League (NFL) (North American), sports organisations, sports event, Australian rules football, Canadian football, sports disciplinary action, sports awards, sports event, sports disciplinary action, sports awards, sport, sports organisations, computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, arts, culture and entertainment, entertainment (general), entertainment award, computer crime,