|Page (1) of 1 - 05/01/12||email article||print page|
Spil Games Releases First-Ever Report on Tween Girls' Online Gaming BehaviorLargest Online Gaming Platform Analyzes User Data to Understand Holistic Trends of Female U.S. Gamers, Ages 8-12 (May 01, 2012)
HILVERSUM, THE NETHERLANDS -- (Marketwire) -- 05/01/12 -- Spil Games, the global leader in online gaming, today released its inaugural report on the State of Online Gaming Among Tween Girls. The report draws on data from Spil Games' U.S tween girls platform, GirlsgoGames, to shed light on how girls engage with online games via desktop and mobile.
With a U.S. audience of more than 5.2 million monthly unique users on GirlsgoGames, Spil Games was able to analyze user activity to reflect the gaming habits of the tween girl demographic. Key findings of the report include:
- The amount of time tween girls spend playing games per month has more than doubled over the last year, from 38 minutes a month to 1 hour and 18 minutes
- The three most popular gaming categories for tween girls are cooking, dress up and test & quiz
- Interactivity is a huge part of gaming for girls, who enjoy making friends with other users and taking part in the community; in total, they create more than 88,000 pieces of content every day
- Girls play the most on Saturdays at 5:00 p.m.
- For mobile usage, iOS devices are the most popular mobile devices girls use to access online games, but Android phones are becoming increasingly popular with 46% of mobile sessions accessed by an Android device
"With play time more than doubling over the last year alone and girls uploading 3,500 pieces of new content each hour, it's clear that for tween girls, online gaming is about more than just the game: it's about being creative, cultivating friendships and engaging with a fun community," said Oscar Diele, Spil Games Chief Marketing Officer. "Since GirlsgoGames is the number one tween girl site in the U.S., we are in the unique position to identify and better understand the habits and trends of tween girl gaming and use this inaugural report as a benchmark for future analysis."
Spil Games serves three primary audiences across its branded gaming platforms for tween girls, teenagers and families. The company works with both advertisers and other developers who are looking to reach an engaged, global audience of more than 170 million monthly unique users.
The full State of Online Gaming Among Tween Girls in the U.S. is available here: http://www.spilgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/StateOfGamingTweenGirls_US_Q1_2012.pdf
About Spil Games
Spil Games' mission is to unite the world in play through a localized global network of online social-gaming platforms tailored to girls, teens and families. These platforms, localized in 15 languages, entertain 170 million unique visitors from around the world each month. These casual, social games encourage players to connect and challenge themselves and each other while sharing their creativity. Additionally, Spil Games is present on mobile devices through browser-based and native application versions of the company's targeted social-gaming platforms and successful game titles. For more information, please visit www.spilgames.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: social gaming, tween girls, cross platform, online gaming, tween data, USA, Marketwire, , Game Technology, Online Games, Teens, Gamers, Other,