|Page (1) of 1 - 10/20/11||email article||print page|
Spiceworks User Base Grows to 1.7 MillionIT Professionals Logged a Record 350 Million Minutes in Spiceworks in September (October 20, 2011)
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 10/20/11 -- Today, Spiceworks, Inc. co-founder and CEO Scott Abel will open the company's fourth annual SpiceWorld user conference with a keynote address highlighting strong upward momentum for the world's largest and fastest-growing social business network for IT professionals. In the past year, Spiceworks has added a half million new IT professionals to its network, which now represents 1.7 million users at more than 1 million small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) worldwide. Some of the other recent company growth milestones include:
Network & Community Expansion
- SMB IT pros worldwide now use Spiceworks to manage 97 million computers and devices and support 58 million workers. This is the equivalent of supporting more than double the number of employees of all the Fortune 500 companies combined.
- Spiceworks has powered 174 million help desk interactions and currently manages more than 10,947 total petabytes of storage.
- IT professionals in the Spiceworks community have created 120,000 different discussion topics and 830,000 unique posts related to SMB IT management. In addition, they have rated and reviewed 25,000 technology products.
Audience Reach & Commerce Growth
- Time spent in Spiceworks worldwide is up 250 percent year-over-year. In the month of September, IT pros spent 350 million total minutes in Spiceworks.
- In the past six months, more than 460 technology providers have created Spiceworks Vendor Pages to reach and interact with SMB IT pros in the Spiceworks social network. To date, these Vendor Pages have attracted over 300,000 followers.
- SMB IT pros using Spiceworks spend $293 billion annually on technology. This represents nearly one third of the global spend by SMBs on IT products and services.
"Similar to other social networks, each month we're adding more users to Spiceworks and they're spending more of their time interacting in the community," said Scott Abel of Spiceworks. "We're unique in that we've become the place where IT pros and technology companies come together to connect with the information needed to manage, market and purchase technology products and services. We'll continue to find new ways to help them do more to reach their IT goals."
The Spiceworks social business network enables 'Social IT' by combining free network management, network monitoring and help desk software with a rapidly growing and active Facebook-like community of IT professionals. For more information on Spiceworks, visit http://www.spiceworks.com.
Now in its fourth year, the SpiceWorld user conference draws attendees from small and mid-sized businesses around the world, including more than 300 in-person attendees and another 15,000 attending the event through live streaming video. The event features break-out sessions, expert discussions and topics voted on by the Spiceworks user community. Sessions include in-person talks with Spiceworks company founders and product developers, top technology vendors and industry experts. To watch today's SpiceWorld keynote and view the conference online, visit the live stream link at http://www.spiceworld2011.com.
Founded in 2006, Spiceworks is the world's largest and fastest growing social business network for IT. By combining free IT management software with a Facebook-like community, Spiceworks helps over 1.7 million IT professionals to discover, buy and manage $293 billion worth of technology products and services each year. Spiceworks is headquartered in Austin, Texas and backed by Adams Street Partners, Tenaya Capital, Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), Austin Ventures and Shasta Ventures. For more information, visit http://www.spiceworks.com.
Follow Spiceworks on Twitter: http://twitter.com/spiceworks. Connect with Spiceworks on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Spiceworks. Search for available career and networking opportunities on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/companies/spiceworks.
Spiceworks is a trademark and Voice of IT is a registered trademark of Spiceworks, Inc. All other names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Network monitoring, network management software, help desk software, free help desk software, Help-Desk, Storage, Networking, Computer Technology, Services, Software, Misc, Networks, Management, IT Professionals, CEO/CFO, Help desk, Broadcast, Management, Streaming, Computers/Peripherals, Business, Network (LAN), Internet Media, Marketwire, Inc., , Business, Other,