|Page (1) of 1 - 05/06/10||email article||print page|
Spark Radio iPad App Offers Music Lovers and Multi-Taskers Access to 10,000 Global Radio Stations, Stunning Graphics and Social Media Tools, Without InterruptionSpark Radio Ranks Among iTunes' Top 30 Paid Music Apps for the iPad; Priced at $1.99 for a Limited Time (May 06, 2010)
MINNEAPOLIS, MN -- (Marketwire) -- 05/06/10 -- Handcast Media Labs, LLC. (www.handcastmedia.com), developer of interactive graphic applications for the iPhone, today announced that Spark Radio is now available on the iPad. A premier, one-of-a-kind radio app, Spark Radio features mesmerizing graphic animations, access to more than 10,000 global stations and social media features designed to make radio listening more interactive -- free of interruption while browsing the web. It's now available for purchase in the iTunes App Store, and priced at $1.99 for a limited time.
Spark Radio is ranked among iTunes' Top 30 Paid Music Apps for the iPad, and features a robust, visual radio tuner that allows listeners to fully browse the web while enjoying more than 10,000 terrestrial and Internet-only radio stations worldwide. In partnership with RadioTime.com, Spark Radio is adding new stations daily. This means iPad users can listen to precisely what they want to at any given time, whether music, talk radio, sports events, public radio or special programming from around the world, while browsing the web and engaging with other music-lovers.
"Spark Radio provides an even richer and more immersive experience on the iPad," said Terry Anderson, President of Handcast Media Labs. "Users can now fully engage with the interactive visualizer on a larger and higher resolution display. We have created a superior listening experience, and the iPad's impeccable 10 inch LCD screen is the perfect complement to Spark Radio's high-quality graphics."
An elegant interface and program guide make it easy for users to quickly find their favorite stations. Users can search for stations or programs by keyword, location or the station URL and can browse programming by genre or location. A GPS component allows listeners to find local stations in any given city based on current GPS coordinates.
Spark Radio creates the ultimate radio enjoyment on the iPad and iPhone. The app incorporates a number of unique features, including:
- Visually Stunning Graphics -- Eight unique graphic visualizers react to music and create mesmerizing and ever-changing animations. Each animation is touch sensitive so users can interact and 'play' while they listen.
- Portability -- Spark Radio is optimized for stream stability, so iPhone or iPad users with a 3G data plan can take it in their vehicles. This means users can access more than 10,000 stations through their car stereo. Spark Radio offers a large variety of radio content at a small price compared to satellite radio.
- Community Features -- Unique social features make radio listening more fun. Users can create a profile and see what other Spark Radio users are listening to at any given moment using an interactive Globe Navigator. They can find other listeners' favorite stations and share their own, as well as rate stations. And, they can see who else is listening to any station in the directory.
- Anytime Web Access -- At any given time, Spark Radio users can access the web on the iPad while listening via a built-in web browser. This means listening enjoyment doesn't have to stop while users are multi-tasking.
- Personalization Tools -- Spark Radio allows users to create their own directory of favorite stations for quick access, view recently played songs and add their own stations if they can't find them in the directory.
Spark Radio is available immediately for download from the iTunes App Store and priced at $1.99 for a limited time. To download the application, please visit: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spark-radio/id351471534?mt=8. You can also connect with Handcast on Twitter and Facebook.
About Handcast Media, Inc.
Handcast Media develops interactive graphics applications for Apple's iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, designed to entertain the senses. These applications empower users to explore their own creativity by meeting their "entertainment on the go" needs. Handcast Media's flagship application, Spark Radio, delivers the ultimate radio experience, complete with visually stunning graphics and social media capabilities. Handcast was founded in 2009 and is located in Minneapolis.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Handcast Media Labs, LLC, Marketwire, Inc., Apple Computer, Music, Internet Technology, Sports, Other,