|Page (1) of 1 - 05/02/02||email article||print page|
Sound Studio Gets UpdateVersion 2.0.2 fixes bugs, adds mono to stereo capability
The new version fixes a number of bugs, including some that were causing crashes while recording and editing. Aside from the mono to stereo feature, version 2.0.2 also adds timer recording to the application's automatic recording feature.
Sound Studio 2.0 is a recording and waveform editing utility. Features in version 2.0.x include:
- 44.1kHz, 16-bit stereo recording;
- Records from any Sound Manager input device, including USB audio input;
- Auto Start/Stop recording options for VOX-style and timed-length recording;
- Disk-based recording;
- AppleScript support for recording;
- Waveform display window with zooming down to the sample level;
- Standard cut/copy/paste editing, plus mixing ;
- Effects filters, including Chorus, Flanger, Reverb, EQ, Compressor, Expander, Noise Gate;
- Fade In and Out, Normalize, Volume;
- Repair clicks and pops with the Interpolate filter;
- Remove DC offsets and fix inverted signals;
- Tone and noise generators;
- Pitch adjustments.
Sound Studio supports AIFF with markers, WAV, CD audio tracks, Sound Designer II, MP3 and System 7 sounds. It requires Mac OS 8.1 or higher, including OS X. It runs $49 for the full version, $29 for upgrades. For more information, visit http://www.felttip.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Sound Studio Gets Update