|Page (1) of 1 - 02/15/11||email article||print page|
Sophos VP of Corporate Strategy Arabella Hallawell and Senior Technologist James Lyne to Speak at RSA Conference 2011 Sophos VP of Corporate Strategy Arabella Hallawell and Senior Technologist James Lyne to Speak at RSA Conference 2011Sophos Security and Data Protection Solutions Up for Nine SC Magazine Awards at RSASophos Security and Data Protection Solutions Up for Nine SC Magazine Awards at RSA (February 15, 2011)
BOSTON, MA and SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/15/11 -- RSA Conference, Sophos Booth 1817 -- Global IT security and data protection company Sophos announced today that Vice President of Corporate Strategy Arabella Hallawell and Senior Technologist James Lyne are scheduled to present at this year's RSA® Conference, which takes place at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA from February 14-18, 2011. Since last year's conference, Sophos has continued to deliver less complex security and data protection enterprise solutions that help companies secure the redefined endpoint; maximize Sophos's profitability and brand via strong strategic partner alignment; and help businesses comply with regulations.
SOPHOS TAKES THE STAGE AT RSA 2011
Vice President of Corporate Strategy Arabella Hallawell of Sophos is scheduled to speak at this year's conference and will also join a panel of other security vendors moderated by Gartner.
The Big Bang: How Consumerization and the Cloud are Changing IT Protection
- Thursday, February 17 at 10:00 AM PT
- RSA Conference, Moscone Center, Green Room 130
Presentation Summary: The endpoint has been redefined and is now an endless network. A company's security posture depends on how secure that network is. In a recent survey of Sophos's customers, 92% said mobile devices increase security threats to data, yet 40% do not actively secure their mobile devices. In addition, companies have become more distributed thanks to SaaS and cloud-based platforms. These factors mean a company must balance the freedom versus restriction conundrum. Hallawell's presentation will examine the threats posed through this rapidly changing landscape, offer guidance on best practices by examining the market for endpoint and web protection and how different organizations are deploying security today.
Trends in Security Delivery Models: Cloudy Skies Ahead?
- Friday, February 18 at 9:00 AM PT
- RSA Conference, Moscone Center, Orange Room 305
- Moderator: Peter Firstbrook Research Director, Gartner, Inc.
- Panelists include: Arabella Hallawell; Nico Popp VP of Product Development, Trust Services, Symantec Corporation; Sanjay Beri VP and GM, Access and Acceleration Business Unit, Juniper Networks; and Jay Chaudhry CEO and Founder, Zscaler, Inc.
Panel Summary: Tens of billions of IT expenditures are rapidly shifting to the cloud in order to increase productivity and reduce costs. Many organizations are using the cloud to complement or replace traditional security delivery models, but even more remain on the sideline. This discussion will explore how and why organizations are utilizing cloud security, the benefits they realize, and the challenges they face.
Senior Technologist, Office of Technology James Lyne of Sophos is also presenting at RSA.
How Malware Authors Are Winning the War...
- Thursday, February 17 at 11:10 AM
- RSA Conference, Moscone Center, Red Room 104
Presentation Summary: This practical demonstration shows the modern techniques the malware authors are using to change the game on the security industry. Lyne will show how the legacy approach is failing and we all have to change in order to avoid repeating past mistakes by demonstrating the escalation in capabilities and professionalism of malware authors in the past 12 months. In addition, Lyne will detail how the major approaches used by the security industry today do not scale against the innovation of the bad guys and pose a framework for the likely evolution of attacks in the coming years.
SOPHOS NOMINATED FOR NINE SC MAGAZINE 2011 READER CHOICE AWARDS
Sophos security and data protection solutions were selected from hundreds of entries submitted in more than 31 technology categories. This year's winners will be announced at SC Magazine's Awards Gala on Tuesday, February 15, 2011. Sophos solutions named a Finalist in the following categories:
Sophos Endpoint Security and Data Protection
- Best Endpoint/UTM Security
- Best Integrated Security-UTM Product
- Best Anti-Malware Management (client-based, typically software only)
- Best SME Security Solution
Sophos Web Security and Control
- Best Anti-Malware Gateway
- Best Web Content Management Product
Sophos Email Security and Data Protection
- Best Email Content Management
- Best Email Security
Sophos Safeguard Enterprise
- Best Mobile/Portable Device Security
SOPHOS'S NAKED SECURITY BLOG NOMINATED IN 3RD ANNUAL SOCIAL SECURITY BLOGGER AWARDS Naked Security has been named a Finalist in two categories for this year's Social Security Bloggers Awards. The long list of security blogs were reviewed by some of the most respected journalists in the industry and Sophos's Naked Security was voted a Finalist for the below categories. Winners will be announced at an invitation-only social event at RSA.
- Most Educational Security Blog
- Most Entertaining Security Blog
Industry-recognized security expert and blogger Graham Cluley was also nominated as a Finalist by SC Magazine's readers for his contribution to Sophos's Naked Security blog. Cluley stands to win...
- Best Security Blogger
SOPHOS SOLUTIONS MAKE A SPLASH IN THE MARKET
Over the past year, Sophos continued to deliver easy-to-manage solutions that address the endless network challenge and the growing need for businesses to protect sensitive data while achieving compliance. Sophos has helped businesses improve operations, efficiencies, responsiveness, and continuity by supporting the latest VMware virtual environments. Sophos continues to be recognized in Gartner Magic Quadrants. Over the last year, Sophos has announced several key solutions:
- Sophos Mobile Control Protects Data on for Android, iPhones, and iPads: Addressing the consumerization security gap by extending lightweight security and device control to broad range of mobile and smart devices
- Sophos Equips Businesses to Go Virtual with New Email Security Appliance Image: Helping businesses reduce operational costs with security and data protection from Sophos's all-in-one virtual email appliance
- Sophos Strengthens its Data Protection Strategy with SafeGuard Enterprise 5.50 and SafeGuard Easy 5.50: Reinforcing Sophos's position as a strategic partner that is committed to the strongest data security and the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Sophos Adds "Live" Protection Technologies to Block Malware Outbreaks in Real-Time: Delivering advanced labs intelligence via unique single agent to accelerate protection against zero-day and web-based threats with Sophos Endpoint Security and Data Protection
- Continued Support for Macs:
- Sophos SafeGuard® Disk Encryption for MacBooks and Macs Protects Private and Confidential Information: Transparent, full-disk Mac encryption protects data and helps customers better comply with regulations
- Sophos Offers Free Anti-Virus Home Edition for Mac: The world's first free business-strength security solution for Macs
Visit the Sophos booth to see Sophos security and data protection solutions in motion. Observe a series of in-booth presentations -- A live malware attack; a password hijack; and where the money is behind the malware. Additionally, the company will demonstrate a prototype of Sophos for VMware vShield Endpoint.
SOPHOS STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS BROADENS MARKET REACH
Industry leaders continue to harness Sophos to power security products and services, providing partners the ability to maximize protection for Web 2.0 applications, virtualized environments, and more. This past year, Sophos joined forces with numerous respected vendors in the market to provide a range of in-the-cloud security and data protection technologies.
- Juniper Networks - Sophos Live Protection Anti-Malware to Provide Additional Anti-Virus
- Citrix - Sophos Endpoint Security Solutions are Verified as Citrix Ready
- AlertBoot - Sophos Encryption Engine Powers AlertBoot Cloud-Based Data Encryption Service
- Virtual Computer - Sophos and Virtual Computer Form Alliance to Secure Virtual Environments
- Optenet - Sophos Malware Scanning Engine Powers Optenet Web and Email Security Solutions
- Crossbeam - Crossbeam and Sophos Partner to Deliver High-Performance, Real-Time Email Security to Large Enterprises and Service Providers
SOPHOS MSP PROGRAM OFFERS PARTNERS INCREASED REVENUE OPPORTUNITIES
In May 2010, Sophos announced its MSP Program. Sophos has a long history of engaging with managed service providers (MSP) on email filtering and this past year, added endpoint security to the mix. Sophos MSPs can offer customers services, such as remotely monitoring and managing customer endpoint protection, ensuring necessary reports are in place for regulatory compliance, PC firewall and other monitoring, and help customers proactively leverage available product features. These services typically fall outside of traditional infrastructure monitoring and maintenance and present Sophos MSPs with an opportunity to profitably increase their increase services revenues. Sophos Channel Partners can further maximize revenue growth opportunities by joining the Sophos Managed Service Provider (MSP) Program.
More than 100 million users in 150 countries rely on Sophos as the best protection against complex threats and data loss. Sophos is committed to providing security and data protection solutions that are simple to manage, deploy, and use and that deliver the industry's lowest total cost of ownership. Sophos offers award-winning encryption, endpoint security, web, email, and network access control solutions backed by SophosLabs -- a global network of threat intelligence centers. With more than two decades of experience, Sophos is regarded as a leader in security and data protection by top analyst firms and has received many industry awards. Sophos is headquartered in Boston, US and Oxford, UK. More information is available at www.sophos.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: RSA, security, data protection, antivirus, virtualization, antimalware, ITsecurity, encryption, awards, RSA, security, data protection, antivirus, virtualization, antimalware, ITsecurity, encryption, awards, Pro AV, Management, Presentors, Business, Business Issues, Presentation, Channel/Distribution, Corporate/Company, Awards, Security, Mac, OS9, OSX, Marketwire, Inc., IT (Information Technology), Security, Internet Technology, Biology, Business, Web 2.0, Email, Other,