|Page (1) of 1 - 12/15/11||email article||print page|
Sophos Continues to Take Endpoint Security Market ShareGrowth Highlighted by Aggressive Moves in Mobile Security and Industry-First Offerings for Protection Everywhere (December 15, 2011)
BOSTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/15/11 -- IT security and data protection company Sophos today announced increased global demand for its award-winning complete security solutions. The company continued to take market share from key competitors, win new customers and rapidly expand its partner program due to its threat and data protection leadership role, ongoing commitment to delivering the most complete security without complexity, and best-in-class support.
According to IDC's latest Worldwide Endpoint Security 2011-2015 Forecast and 2010 Vendor Shares (November, 2011, #231307), Sophos ranks third overall among corporate endpoint security vendors in terms of both revenue and market share. Moreover, the company has more than doubled its endpoint security market share over the past five years. As IDC states, "With more endpoints being mobile, and thus out of the direct control of the enterprise, endpoint security requirements increase."
As such, Sophos has increased its mobile security footprint with the introduction earlier this year of Sophos Mobile Control, which provides lightweight mobile encryption for Google Android products and Apple iOS devices. Additionally, Gartner placed Sophos in the "Leaders" quadrant of its "Magic Quadrant for Mobile Data Protection" report (September 7, 2011).
Complete Protection Everywhere: The Next Generation of Security Solutions
With mounting security threats, the exploding proliferation of mobile devices and increased adoption of Web and cloud applications, IT organizations are experiencing widening gaps in protection and new risks. Sophos is focused on providing industry-first security solutions to help businesses protect users and IT assets regardless of device or location.
- Completed acquisition of network security provider Astaro on June 30, 2011; Astaro, one of the world's largest dedicated unified threat management (UTM) providers, protects business and government networks against IT security threats; Astaro's comprehensive portfolio of network security solutions, combined with Sophos' endpoint, mobile, email and web threat, and data protection capabilities provides a value proposition unmatched in the industry
- Added new customers and expanded relationships with existing customers including Cleveland Municipal School District, Dubai Airports, Healthcare Partners, KL Airport Services Sdn Bhd, Memphis City School District, Oman Air, Perisher Blue, The School of Research Science (SRS), South West Grid for Learning Trust, and Tesco, among many others
- Expanded leadership with several key appointments, including Nick Bray as chief financial officer; Gerhard Eschelbeck as chief technology officer, Sandra Bergeron, former McAfee senior executive, to the Sophos board of directors; and former Microsoft and Novell executive Steve Hale as vice president of global channels
- Launched Naked Security, a vast industry news resource driven by Sophos' award-winning team of security industry experts; since its recent inception, named "Most Educational Security Blog" from the Security Bloggers Network at RSA 2011; the Naked Security team also recognized as "Best IT Security Blog" at the Computer Weekly Blog Awards
- Received numerous honors and recognition from leading industry publications and organizations: named Overall Winner for Client Security Software in Everything Channel's 2011 CRN Annual Report Card (ARC); named Information Security Vendor of the Year at the 2011 SC Magazine Awards Europe, where it was also awarded Best Anti-Malware solution for Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition; named Best Email Security solution for Sophos Email Security and Data Protection at the 2011 SC Magazine Readers Trust Awards; awarded Best IT Security product of 2011 for Sophos Mobile Control in ComunicacionesHoy; received SCP certification (Service Capability & Performance Support Standard)
"Sophos' stellar performance over the past few years can be attributed to our focus on complete security -- providing advanced protection capabilities that companies and industries across the board now need," said Steve Munford, CEO of Sophos. "From our acquisition of Astaro to our record of enterprise security innovation, we offer a product portfolio among the strongest in the market. And as the level and nature of threats increases and evolves, more companies are turning to Sophos to provide protection everywhere -- without complexity."
More than 100 million users in 150 countries rely on Sophos as the best protection against complex threats and data loss. Sophos is committed to providing security and data protection solutions that are simple to manage, deploy and use and that deliver the industry's lowest total cost of ownership. Sophos offers award-winning encryption, endpoint security, web, email, and network access control solutions backed by SophosLabs -- a global network of threat intelligence centers. With more than two decades of experience, Sophos is regarded as a leader in security and data protection by top analyst firms and has received many industry awards. Sophos is headquartered in Boston, US and Oxford, UK.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: security, endpoint, mobile security, data protection, threat, Applications, Security, Internet, Threats, Security, Internet Server Applications, E-mail, Management, CEO/CFO, Mac, OS9, OSX, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Security, Financial, Internet Technology, Business, Science, Email,