|Page (1) of 1 - 08/26/03||email article||print page|
Sony Intros DCR-PC330 DV CamcorderCamera offers 3.31-megapixel still image capture
The DCR-PC330 offers a Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens and a new advanced primary color filter, designed for both still image capture and video. Other features include:
- Super NightShot infrared system for shooting video in darkness;
- Super SteadyShot system for image stabilization;
- Smooth interval record feature for time-lapse recording;
- 2.5-inch SwivelScreen hybrid touch panel LCD;
- New three-color filter that quadruples the area for each primary color;
- Manual focus ring;
- 10x optical/120x digital zoom;
- Pop-up flash;
- Hologram AF focus system;
- NightFraming system, which uses infrared to frame and capture a still shot with no lighting.
Video can be shot in Mini-DV format or in MPEG-1 (up to the capacity of the camera's flash media). Still images are captured in JPEG format directly to the Memory Stick or Memory Stick Pro media (available in capacities up to 1 GB). A 16 MB Memory Stick card is included.
The DCR-PC330 is expected to be available in October for $1,700. For more information, visit http://www.sony.com,/a>.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Sony Intros DCR-PC330 DV Camcorder