|Page (1) of 1 - 09/04/02||email article||print page|
Sony Intros Cybershot DSC-F717Pro-level digital camera offers 5 megapixel resolution
The F717 combines point and shoot functionality with several manual controls. It offers Carl Zeiss optics, ISO sensitivities of 100/200/400/800 and shutter speeds of up to 1/2000 second in auto mode.
Other features include:
- Five-area multi-point focusing system;
- Live histogram display;
- Multi-burst mode;
- File folder option that allows photographers to create and select specific folders for customized photo-indexing;
- Rotating zoom-control ring;
- Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar 5x optical zoom lens with F2.0 aperture;
- Two LCDs (a 1.8-inch LCD screen and a through the lens electronic viewfinder);
- USB connectivity, including USB 2.0 and 1.1;
- Laser focusing system for low-light focusing;
- Spot metering, center-weighted averaging and multi-pattern metering./LI>
The camera ships with a 32 MB Memory Stick, an InfoLithium M battery, an AC adapter/in-camera charger, an A/V output cable, a USB cable, a shoulder strap and a lens cap. It will be available in October for about $1,000. For more information, visit http://www.sony.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Sony Intros Cybershot DSC-F717 Pro-level digital camera offers 5 megapixel resolution slr