|Page (1) of 1 - 04/17/09||email article||print page|
Solid State Logic Releases Mx4 at Messe 2009SSL Releases MX4, the New 128 Channel MADI I/O with DSP Powered SSL Software Mixer (April 17, 2009)
MX4 delivers outstanding performance to demanding 'inside the box' users who refuse to compromise on quality. It combines three central system elements: a very high channel count/high quality audio interface, an extremely versatile Software Mixer, and DSP powered plug-ins that provide console grade precision processing with legendary SSL audio characteristics.
MX4 is the ideal solution for audio professionals working in complex recording and mixing environments. The 128-channel MADI I/O can be combined with SSL Alpha-Link audio format converters connected directly to suitably equipped consoles or integrated with broadcast routers to deliver a very high channel count with uncompromised audio quality. The MX4 flexible mixer architecture, true multi-client operation and stunning 'near zero' latency create a powerful system with the versatility to produce several multi-channel record feeds and headphone/artist monitor feeds. The MX4 can also build Mix Minus monitor feeds in broadcast applications. SSL console grade plug-ins ensure that any system has the precision, power and quality to meet all processing requirements.
The Audio Interface:
* 128 channels of digital audio I/O over fiber optic MADI
* Mac or PC compatible SSL 'PCIe-Core Audio Pipeline' drivers
* Multi client divers - multiple audio applications appear in the mixer and access the I/O simultaneously
* Very high channel count, high sample rate recording & playback
* 2 x 64 channel optical MADI ports on half-length PCIe card
* 1x Wordclock Connector (Software controlled as Input or Output)
* Near Zero (4 samples) latency delivers ideal monitoring environment
* Full Automatic Delay Compensation (ADC) for VST Plug-Ins, I/O's and external Processing/Conversion Delays
* Combine with SSL Alpha-Link audio format converters to create complete audio I/O solutions
The Software Mixer:
* Open architecture mixing environment; build your own mixer with mono, stereo or 5.1 channels and create routing and buss architecture
* Flexible routing architecture facilitates multiple headphone/artist monitor mixes, duplicated output feeds for multi DAW recording or Mix Minus routing for broadcast applications
* On board DSP powers SSL console grade plug-ins for the SSL sound inside the box
* SSL Channel EQ plug-in - 4 band parametric EQ with E & G Series console characteristics
* SSL Channel Dynamics plug-in - the perfect transparent Compressor & Gate/Expander
* Stereo Bus Compressor plug-in - the legendary G Series Stereo Bus Compressor
* VST2.0 plug-in architecture supports a vast range of third party
* Includes the SSL Soundscape Audio Toolbox plug-in bundle with 4 Band Parametric EQ, Filter, Dynamics, Chorus/Flange, MS Decoder & Dither
* Support for SSL Soundscape DSP format plug-ins
MX4 will be available from SSL resellers worldwide starting May 2009 with a MSRP of $1,999.
Solid State Logic is the world's leading manufacturer of analogue and digital audio consoles and provider of creative tools for music, broadcast and post production professionals. For more information about our award-winning products, please visit: www.solid-state-logic.com.
Related Keywords:Solid State Logic Releases Mx4 at Messe 2009