|Page (1) of 1 - 03/02/11||email article||print page|
SolarWinds Orion IP Address Manager Poised to Support IPv6 Planning and TransitionNew Standalone Version Provides a Powerful Alternative to Expensive Hardware Appliances, Empowering IT Pros With Detailed Visibility to Proactively Manage IP Address Space Usage and Minimize Conflicts (March 02, 2011)
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 03/02/11 -- SolarWinds, Inc. (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today announced the availability of its Orion IP Address Manager (IPAM) as a standalone solution. Orion IPAM delivers powerful and affordable IP address management to companies of all sizes and IT budgets looking to more effectively manage IP address usage across their organization and prepare for an IPv6 migration.
- Orion IPAM provides detailed visibility into IP address space usage. With Orion IPAM, IT teams can eliminate the use of complex spreadsheets and avoid IP conflicts with scheduled network scans.
- As predicted, the free pool of IPv4 addresses was exhausted in February 2011 and it is expected that network operators will migrate to IPv6. The latest version of Orion IPAM provides the ability to:
- plan for IPv4 to IPv6 migration by creating and testing multiple scenarios before implementation,
- add, edit, and delete IPv6 addresses and subnets
- search for IPv4 or IPv6 addresses and find addresses on dual-stack devices
- New historical address tracking feature determines what device had a specific IP address at a given point in time. For example, users can track MAC addresses and hostnames previously assigned to an IP address to see how properties have changed over time.
- Orion IPAM is now available as a standalone application or it can be integrated seamlessly with SolarWinds' flagship network management product, Orion Network Performance Monitor (NPM), to achieve a comprehensive view of overall network performance and health.
- Orion IPAM is available now and pricing starts at $1,995, with the first year of maintenance included. For more information, visit the SolarWinds website, download a free 30-day evaluation, or call 866.530.8100.
"With the increase in virtualization and the explosion of IP connected devices, the number of unique IP addresses are growing exponentially. IT administrators can no longer rely on locally stored manual spreadsheets and homegrown solutions to manage their IP usage," said Suku Krishnaraj, SVP of Product Strategy, SolarWinds. "They're going to need a centralized management tool that understands IPv4, IPv6 and hybrid environments, and Orion IPAM is an easy to use solution that can scale as the user's IP address management needs expand to keep them ahead of the curve."
"Before Orion IPAM, it was guess work and single PINGS to identify free or unused address spaces. We now get a real picture of our IP leases and available addresses and can be proactive in ensuring all sites have available IP resources -- truly an IT department's most valuable commodity," said Josh Leporati, MIS Director, Monroe City Schools. "As we explore our conversion from IPv4 to IPv6 we will prepare and test for it using the full onset of tools available to us from the Orion IPAM solution."
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide -- from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. We work to put our users first and remove the obstacles that have become "status quo" in traditional enterprise software. SolarWinds products are downloadable, easy to use and maintain, and provide the power, scale, and flexibility needed to address users' management priorities. Our online user community, thwack, is a gathering-place where tens of thousands of IT pros solve problems, share technology, and participate in product development for all of SolarWinds' products. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com/.
SolarWinds, and SolarWinds are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1530145
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1530171
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: SolarWinds, IPv6, IP conflicts, IPv4 to IPv6, IT management, IP address management, Orion, Mac,OS9,OSX,Marketwire,unused, Inc.,Appliances,Other,