|Page (1) of 1 - 12/13/11||email article||print page|
SolarWinds Network Management Products Now More Integrated and Easier to UseLatest Versions of SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM) and SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM) Offer a More Consistent User Experience and Reduced Configuration Time (December 13, 2011)
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 12/13/11 -- SolarWinds® Inc. (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today rolled out enhancements and further integration of two of its flagship Network management products, SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM), and SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM).
Designed to be mixed and matched based on customers' needs, SolarWinds robust suite of network management software includes NPM, NCM, NetFlow Traffic Analyzer, IP Address Manager, IP SLA Manager, User Device Tracker, Engineer's Toolset, LANsurveyor, ipMonitor, and CatTools. In addition, SolarWinds offers IT software products to manage virtualization, storage, application and server, and log and event needs.
In 2011, SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM) was awarded: Gold in the Windows IT Pro Editors' Best and Community Choice Awards; Network Management Product of the Year by UK-based Network Computing; Best non-Microsoft Network Management Product by Microsoft's Redmond Magazine; and won the Network Monitoring category in the WindowsNetworking.com Reader's Choice Awards.
SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM) v10.2 includes the following features:
- Enhanced discovery and protocol support for IPv6 devices, Windows servers using WMI, and SNMPv3 traps traffic
- Improved native support for wireless devices, Juniper firewall sub-interface monitoring, and CPU and memory data monitoring for JunOS and Netscreen devices
- Improved ease-of-use and reporting, including statistics on a per-CPU basis for many devices
SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager (NCM) v7.0 includes the following features:
- New features and UI improvements including a change approval request feature that allows for approval by a reviewer of sensitive changes
- Improved node discovery and management from web console and availability of Network Atlas to standalone NCM customers, to create topology maps on network devices
- Improved Orion alerting integrated with other products in the Orion family; NCM users can seamlessly keep their device repository synchronized with their NPM repository
- Improved account management including a new web-based user management feature and Active Directory integration improvements
SolarWinds Customer Feedback:
"I just tried out the beta and the first thing I did was run an import. IT WAS AWESOME! It was like seeing a sunset for the first time," said customer and thwack user Donald_Francis.
"I want to say how awesome it is to see the features list for each new release contain at least one of the features that I have requested. I love that SolarWinds is so interactive with their user community," said customer and thwack member Byrona.
- What's New in NPM 10.2
- What's New in NCM 7.0
- Orion Network Performance Monitor on Network Performance Management Resources (Videos on Best Practices, Products)
- Orion Network Configuration Manager Resources (Product Tour, How-To Videos, Best Practices)
Pricing and Availability
The first year of maintenance is included for both products. For more information, visit the SolarWinds website, download a free 30-day evaluation, or call 866.530.8100.
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide -- from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. We work to put our users first and remove the obstacles that have become "status quo" in traditional enterprise software. SolarWinds products are downloadable, easy to use and maintain, and provide the power, scale, and flexibility needed to address users' management priorities. Our online user community, thwack, is a gathering-place where tens of thousands of IT pros solve problems, share technology, and participate in product development for all of SolarWinds' products. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com, and Orion are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1829346
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1829349
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: SolarWinds, Network Performance Monitor, Network Configuration Manager, network management software, Storage, Internet, Software, Misc, Management, Marketwire, Inc., , Gold, Internet Technology, Other,