|Page (1) of 1 - 02/15/12||email article||print page|
SolarWinds Introduces Its First Free Tool for Event Log ManagementNew Tool Streamlines the Organization of Event Logs and Correlates Issues From Multiple Windows Systems Direct From the Desktop (February 15, 2012)
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 02/15/12 -- SolarWinds® (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, announced today the release of its first log and event management free tool -- SolarWinds Event Log Consolidator.
SolarWinds Event Log Consolidator offers near real-time evaluation of event logs, empowering users to respond proactively to Windows system issues. In one centralized location, users can easily monitor, consolidate, or dismiss event logs and correlate issues.
"Without SolarWinds Event Log Consolidator, users would need multiple remote desktop sessions open at once to even begin trying to monitor this much event log data, and with that, they still couldn't compare it," said Sanjay Castelino, SolarWinds' VP, Market Leader - Networking & SIEM Business. "SolarWinds' new free tool makes trouble-shooting event log data easy for IT Operations."
SolarWinds Event Log Consolidator highlights:
- View, consolidate and dismiss event logs on multiple Windows systems
- Compare event logs from multiple systems side-by-side
- Define custom filters including logs by time period or specific servers
- Set alerts to notify by popup in the OS system tray
- Export key data to a .csv file
For a real-time, comprehensive view of event log data across the network and data sources of all types, users should try SolarWinds Log & Event Manager (LEM). SolarWinds LEM delivers advanced log management capabilities in a highly affordable, easy-to-deploy virtual appliance. With SolarWinds LEM, users can:
- Collect log and event data from tens of thousands of devices
- Perform real-time event correlation across devices
- Visualize and explore data easily using advanced IT search
- Automatically respond to performance issues and mitigate threats using Active Response technology
Pricing and Availability
- SolarWinds Event Log Consolidator is free and available on the SolarWinds website.
- Pricing for SolarWinds Log & Event Manager start at $4,495. For more information, visit the SolarWinds website, download a free 30-day evaluation, or call 866.530.8100.
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide -- from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. We work to put our users first and remove the obstacles that have become "status quo" in traditional enterprise software. SolarWinds products are downloadable, easy to use and maintain, and provide the power, scale, and flexibility needed to address users' management priorities. Our online user community, thwack, is a gathering-place where tens of thousands of IT pros solve problems, share technology, and participate in product development for all of SolarWinds' products. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com, and Orion are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1886964
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: SolarWinds, event log management, event logs, log data, event log data, Networking,Server Hardware,Server Computers,Management,Marketwire, ,Business,Other,