|Page (1) of 1 - 05/30/12||email article||print page|
SolarWinds Introduces First Affordable, Comprehensive Solution for Managing IP InfrastructureSolarWinds IP Address Manager 3.0 Extends IP Address Management to DHCP and DNS Services (May 30, 2012)
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 05/30/12 -- SolarWinds® (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today released version 3.0 of IP Address Manager (IPAM). SolarWinds IPAM gives IT professionals detailed visibility and management of their IP infrastructures, helping them better manage their networks and minimize downtime.
With the addition of powerful and centralized management of Microsoft® DHCP servers and monitoring of Microsoft DNS and Cisco® DHCP services, the company now offers an extremely competitive and cost-effective way to manage IP infrastructure. The number of IP addresses that IT professionals need to manage is quickly growing as a result of the increase in mobile devices, virtualized services, IP telephony, and other networkable endpoints.
While companies like Infoblox and Bluecat sell complicated, expensive, and difficult-to-use appliances, SolarWinds IPAM is easy to deploy and use, addressing the continued growth of IP addresses for organizations of all sizes.
"We spend a lot of time talking directly with customers and they are clamoring for software to help manage and monitor DNS and DHCP services. We believe that this demand is driven, in large part, by the high cost and complexity of appliance-based offerings in the market," said Sanjay Castelino, VP of product marketing for SolarWinds. "SolarWinds IPAM is designed to answer the demand and we accelerated the development of IPAM 3.0 in order to get it into the hands of IT pros more quickly."
New Features in IPAM 3.0:
- Manage Microsoft® DHCP services, and monitor Microsoft DNS and Cisco DHCP servers, providing comprehensive IP infrastructure management and monitoring for multi-vendor networks
- Create and edit role definitions to restrict user access, grant varying privilege levels, and define custom roles
- Import IP addresses and subnets from an Excel or CSV file using an import wizard
- Improved usability with Subnet Management
IPv6 Migration Planning with IPAM:
- Simplifies creation of an IPv6 migration plan and prepares the network infrastructure for IPv6 address space
- Displays all "dual-stack" devices so that IT professionals can see which are already using IPv6
Existing IPAM Features:
- Manage your entire IP infrastructure from an intuitive Web console and consolidate into a single repository
- Create, schedule and share reports on IP address space utilization
- Reduce downtime by identifying and eliminating IP address conflicts
- Leverage existing Microsoft® Active Directory® user accounts to allow users to log into SolarWinds IPAM
"We have been looking for an affordable DHCP management and DNS monitoring solution but the only option in the past was hardware from Infoblox or Bluecat," said M. Cagri Topaloglu, Turkish Airlines R&D Engineer. "SolarWinds IPAM now includes everything we need to manage our IP addresses."
The SolarWinds IT management product portfolio includes network management, server & application management, log & event management, virtualization management, and storage management software, a mobile app, and dozens of free IT management tools.
Pricing and Availability
SolarWinds IP Address Manager (IPAM) 3.0 is available now with pricing starting at $1,995 (USD) with the first year of maintenance included. For more information, visit the SolarWinds website to download a free 30-day evaluation, or call 866.530.8100.
- IPAM Guided Tour
- IPAM 3.0 Geek Speak Blog Post
- SolarWinds Network Management Products Now More Integrated and Easier to Use
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. In all of our market areas, our approach is consistent. We focus exclusively on IT Pros and strive to eliminate the complexity that they've been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. SolarWinds delivers on this commitment with unexpected simplicity through products that are easy to find, buy, use and maintain while providing the power to address any IT management problem on any scale. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our online community, thwack, to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com, and Orion are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1996933
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: manage IP infrastructure, manage and monitor DNS and DHCP services, IPv6 migration, Sales & Marketing,Internet,Business Issues,Hardware,IT Management,Management,IT Professionals,Marketwire, ,Appliances,Internet Technology,Engineering,Other,