|Page (1) of 1 - 05/14/12||email article||print page|
Social Media Users Expect Rapid Live Help, According to Consumer Report From OracleStudy Shows Consumers Prefer to Reach Customer Service Online (May 14, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/14/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today released the results of its "Consumer Views of Live Help Online 2012" report, which surveyed more than 3,000 consumers worldwide regarding their use of customer service channels including call centers, live chat, click-to-call and email.
- Compared with a similar survey conducted in 2009, consumers go online more frequently, are more likely to use Live Help and have higher expectations for customer service via social media and Web sites.
- Social media users expect rapid response: More than half of Twitter users worldwide expect a personal response within two hours of tweeting a question or complaint and 51 percent of Facebook users expect a same-day response to questions or complaints posted via the social media site.
- As consumers spend more time online, they rely more on Live Help: Half of consumers worldwide browse and research products online daily, nearly double the number reporting daily habits in 2009. Consumer use of online customer service is also on the rise, as 50 percent of consumers use of Live Help compared with 37 percent in 2009.
- In China, consumer use of online support jumps dramatically: 76 percent of Chinese consumers are online daily to browse or research products (vs. 49 percent worldwide) and 60 percent say they use Live Help to reach customer service (vs. 50 percent worldwide).
- Latin American consumers are most likely to expect a social media presence: 84 percent of consumers surveyed in Mexico and Brazil use Facebook and 63 percent of those using Facebook said they expect companies to have a presence there.
- Consistent with findings in 2009, Live Help remains among the three most important features consumers expect to find at a company's Web site, along with detailed information about products and services and access to personal account information.
- "As consumers frequent online sites more than ever, they expect to engage with companies' customer service representatives while they are there," said Mike Webster, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Retail. "Whether the customer visits the company's commerce site or social media page, there must be a clear link to a customer service person that is informed and able to help."
- Oracle Report: Consumer Views of Live Help Online 2012
- Oracle® Live Help On Demand
- Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail in the News
- Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Oracle Retail, Live Help, Customer Service, Social Media, Online, ATG, WebCommerce, Applications, Storage, Internet, Hardware, Services, Software, Misc, Social Media, Internet Server Applications, E-mail, Web Servers, China, Brazil, Marketwire, , Lifestyle, Internet Technology, Business, Email, china, mexico, Other,