|Page (1) of 2 - 11/20/01||email article||print page|
Snapping to the Intersection of Text in MicrostationRotating the element is the answer
Why is this useful?
Have you ever had a piece of text which was supposed to be parallel to a line but it has been moved or the line has been adjusted (like slopes for roads, channels, culverts, etc) leaving the text stranded at the wrong angle?
You can use the rotate element by 3 points to get the text aligned to the line.
Follow these steps:
1. Pick "rotate element"
2. Set Method to: 3 points
3. Select the text (or any other item(s) you want to rotate, you can use a selection set or fence)
4. Select the intersect snap (accudraw users can type I for intersect)
5. Use your tentative button to pick the line and tentative the text (do not pick a data point between the two tentative snap points)
a. Accept this point with the data (left mouse) button, this will identify the intersection of the two elements as the pivot point for rotation
6. Use your tentative button to pick the text and data to accept the point to define the start of rotation
7. Use your tentative button to pick the line and data to accept the point to define the amount of rotation.
Related Keywords:Microstation, CAD
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved